11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Ventures practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, our Growth team generate a stream of content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order. Our Foundry team is creating a fintech building machine by leveraging our experience and history of building multiple fintech banks and other propositions.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive into our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
As an experienced Ventures Director (I’m sure you will have been called something else but we hate the word consulting!) you’ll be shaping, building and delivering new digital propositions for financial institutions, FinTechs and tech companies around the world. This comes first and foremost with establishing trusted relationships with people who have these problems to solve, and generating the opportunities to solve these problems for them.
You are personally the generator of relationships, the uncoverer of problems and the trusted partner to those looking to transform their businesses and unlock their success. Our expectations around the level of business generation is dependent on the experience of the candidate. To be clear this isn't one role but a role with many hats, and getting in super smart talent to take up this position is crucial to the way in which we scale our business.
You will need to be a real “player/manager”, responsible for driving business generation, winning work, supporting the ongoing growth of the 11:FS Ventures business, as well as contributing to the successful delivery of client engagements and the broader Group.
We work with our partners in cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, developers and product managers to define, develop and launch products and services which fundamentally change the way that finance works.
Having a good understanding of how the best actually deliver is a must to be able to explain and contextualise the opportunities for partners that we work with.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have a passion for fixing the FS industry.
- You will have a natural ability to build relationships with humans.
- You will be incredibly relentless towards your objectives.
- You will have previously held a business generation target and a track record of doing what you say you will do.
- You will be a fantastic communicator. Like really good.
- You will be a metronome for those around you.
- You will either be or want to be creating content to channel your passion for the industry to help others.
- You should have experience leading a diverse team of Product Managers, Developers, BusOps and Engineers as well as the track record of running a delivery team. We want people who have done things not just sold them.
- Experience leading client projects within a consulting business or multiple workstreams in a tech product company or something similar.
- As the lead in this role, you will also be expected to manage senior stakeholders in client organisations, building strong relationships that lead to clients who love us, which in turn will lead to repeat engagements and expanding project teams.
As a Ventures Lead, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in business development, client management, and building and launching new ventures and propositions.
- Proven track record of leading multidisciplinary teams to success.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- We don't care about your education, we care about what you’ve delivered.
What you will be doing:
- Creating the strongest relationships in the industry
- Generating the best work for our teams to do
- You will be leading a cross functional team of product managers and engineers, designers and bizops to build viable businesses for clients.
- You won’t be expected to drop code or carry out JTBD analysis but you will be expected to understand what is needed and why.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).