11:FS is on a mission to change the fabric of financial services. Our Ventures practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Pulse team creates a benchmarking tool used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. On top of all of that, we’re a media company, our Growth team generate a stream of content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order. Our Foundry team is creating a fintech building machine by leveraging our experience and history of building multiple fintech banks and other propositions.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. ‘Cultural Add’ is as, if not more, important as pure technical fit, and as part of your interview process we’ll deep dive into our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
Venture Manager - 11:FS
We are a team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners understand their problems, define their opportunities and then build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe. We exist to change the fabric of financial services and we are not messing about.
To do this we need amazing people so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and NatWest among other things.
This is not to mention building something like 12 challenger props around the world for the likes of Natwest, Standard Chartered and CitiBank.
Good people are at the heart of everything we do. At 11:FS, we’ll help you unleash your potential and allow you to do the most rewarding work of your career. This is our mission.
Scope and Impact:
We recognise that commercial roles can sometimes be lone wolves but success for us is a team sport. As we build out our Ventures function you will be part of a small and exceptional team reporting into one of our Venture Directors (VD), and supporting in shaping, building and delivering new digital propositions for financial institutions, FinTechs and tech companies around the world. This comes first and foremost with establishing trusted relationships with people who have these problems to solve, and generating the opportunities to solve these problems for them.
You are our VDs right hand in helping to generate relationships, uncover problems and be the trusted partner to those looking to transform their businesses and unlock their success.
To be clear this isn’t just one role, you will wear many hats. As well as supporting our VDs in closing deals you will have your own personal target which may flex in terms of experience of the candidate.
We work with our partners in cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, developers and product managers to define, develop and launch products and services which fundamentally change the way that finance works. Having a good understanding of how the best actually deliver is a must to be able to explain and contextualise the opportunities for partners that we work with.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have a passion for fixing the FS industry.
- You will have a natural ability to build relationships with humans.
- You will be incredibly relentless towards your objectives.
- You will have previously held a business generation target and a track record of doing what you say you will do.
- You will be a fantastic communicator. Like really good.
- You will either be or want to be creating content to channel your passion for the industry to help others.
- Experience in supporting client projects within a consulting business or multiple workstreams in a tech product company or something similar.
What you will be doing:
- Creating the strongest relationships in the industry
- Generating and supporting our VDs in closing the best work for our teams to do.
- Creating slide decks, SoWs, MSAs, filling out RFPs (if it comes to that!) and other supporting documentation in order to help close deals.
- Working cross functionally across the Group to ensure we are thinking broadly about our offerings and how we sell them.
- You won’t be expected to drop code or carry out JTBD analysis but you will be expected to understand what is needed and why.
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. 11:FS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).