Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or monitoring live car performance data – consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. Ably provides a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime for more than 265 million devices across 80 countries each month, supporting organizations like Toyota, Bloomberg, Hubspot and Split.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. But we can’t rest yet. And we’d like your help. As Ably enters its next stage of growth, we’re looking for talented and curious individuals to help us build and deliver the platform to power synchronized digital experiences in realtime for one billion devices every week by 2024.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Ably
We believe our differences as individuals is what makes us great. Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we encourage everyone to be their most authentic self at Ably: we see inclusivity and openness as fundamental to creating long-term success as an organization. We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race, religion, educational background or neurodiversity. Ably has an amazing opportunity ahead of us, and we want anyone to be able to contribute to that opportunity.
About this role
We are looking for a passionate leader with exceptional expertise in building, growing and coaching high performance Solution Engineering teams across multiple geographies, supporting the Ably sales team in their pursuit of new business and expansion opportunities.
Day to day, you will
- Partner with sales leadership to provide strategy and support for business development, accounts development, pipeline generation and deal management.
- Ensure each SE is enabled, empowered and accountable to deliver high quality work and excellent customer experience.
- Work closely with Sales, Partnerships, Product and Engineering teams
- Develop, implement and execute repeatable processes around solutions mapping, discovery and competitive evaluation
- Continuously improve and automate pre-sales activities as part of the sales process
- As needed, work directly with the sales team providing subject matter and product expertise with technical presentations, product demonstrations, and proof of concept activities
- Work on building a Solution Engineering Playbook
- Recruit, onboard, develop and lead high performance Solution Engineering organisation
We'd love to hear from you if
- Experience leading Solution Engineering teams at early stage SaaS technology scale-up companies
- Solid experience of working as a Solution Engineer at an individual contributor level
- Skillset and desire to enable, train, and support a growing team to perform at world-class levels
- Able to understand strengths and skills of your team and hire appropriately
- Strong experience of working with sales teams using MEDDICC methodology
- Experience working at companies with developer-focused technology
- Proven over achievement of targets
- Technical background in Software Engineering
- Knowledge of cloud computing, serverless, event-driven architectures & technologies, pub/sub, distributed systems, realtime protocols such as WebSockets, Server-Sent Events, or MQTT
It would be nice, but not essential, if you have:
Experience working at companies with Freemium/OpenSource propositions as part of their GTM operations
What’s in it for you?
- A great company culture where every individual is valued and supported
- Share options. We believe that all Ablyans should share in our success and growth
- We’ll support your professional development with a £1000 annual learning budget and up to 10% learning and development time
- We’re remote first, so you can work flexibly in a way that fits your lifestyle. You’re also welcome to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London if you want to collaborate in-person or socialise with the team.
- Fully-paid quarterly summits, where we take a few days to step back as a team and a company, to have some fun together and work on things we might not have time for day-to-day
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Home workstation set up budget of £500, plus an annual top-up of £150
- Regular company away days and social events
- Weekly individual drinks and snacks budget
- Private healthcare, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and life assurance
- Access to private and confidential coaching with Sanctus
- A monthly wellbeing budget with Juno
- A matching pension contribution of 5%
- Life Assurance and Income Protection with Canada Life
- Financial Coaching with Octopus MoneyCoach
- A Cash Plan with SimplyHealth
- 27 days of paid annual leave plus a day off on your birthday (36 days including bank holidays)
- 10 days of paid sick leave (including mental health days) per year
- Dog friendly office for when you’re in the office!
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems - then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the job description exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.