Aeguana is an award-winning automated retail technology (think vending!) and experiential marketing company. By working with some of the world's leading vending operators and retail brands, Aeguana has developed cutting edge software and is on a mission to reinvent vending. Our technology enables us to deliver extremely high levels of customisation to vend a variety of items and engage customers at point of sale in unique ways. We share a passion for doing what others say can’t be done, blending engineering, industrial design and digital technology while constantly innovating to develop amazing products for our clients. We understand that every brand is unique, and we work closely with each client to ultimately engage their customers through automated retail solutions, in-store retail concepts, and experiential marketing campaigns. Our high profile clients include WHSmiths, Co-Op, Premier Inn and the NHS.
As an Electronic Design Engineer, you will be instrumental in the design and development of our hardware platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to create robust designs and be able to work within a cross functional team of embedded firmware engineers, software engineers and mechanical engineers to develop the next generation of Aeguana’s systems.
From inception all the way through to production you will be involved in the design process, prototyping, identifying issues and faults, creating schematics, designing PCB layouts, testing, and finally transitioning to manufacture and batch production.
- Be an integral part of our core hardware team, developing new and existing embedded systems
- Understand our technology stack and implement an architecture that will work seamlessly with higher-level systems and maintain flexibility.
- ECAD Design:
- Library development and management
- Digital circuit design and schematic development
- PCB Layout (multilayer)
- Produce production ready files and documentation for manufacturing of both prototypes and production batches.
- Work closely with co-development partners and consultants to further improve designs and/or collaborate on joint projects.
- Prototyping and testing of designs, including fault detection and resolution.
- Follow through with manufacturers for the delivery of PCBs and identification of any production related issues.
- Liaising with suppliers for the procurement of parts and samples.
- Designing for manufacture, ensuring designs are suitable for mass production with high reliability and cost consciousness.
- Quality management including monitoring of field issues and implementing design/manufacturing process changes to improve quality and yield.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams to identify any issues or areas of improvement in our products and provide innovative solutions through electronic design
- Work closely with firmware engineers to ensure requirements are met and that the hardware platforms support the functionality needed.
- Support and train workshop technicians as needed with documentation and instructions for production.
- Take responsibility for your own continuous professional development, seeking feedback on performance, discussing relevant skills gaps with your line manager and seeking out opportunities to learn and develop.
Essential experience / qualities:
- Strong Electronic Engineering background. Preferably with a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- A history of working in a commercial environment designing electronics products
- 5+ years experience in Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Experience of designing resilient and sustainable future-proof designs
- Lab skills such as debugging prototypes together with firmware engineers and using test equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Focused on quality, able to work quickly and accurately. Confident self-starter, solution-oriented with a creative mindset. A strong problem solver with keen attention to detail.
- Experience with microcontroller selection based on a set of requirements and a project specification
- Meticulous attitude to testing and ensuring robustness of designs. Good knowledge of bench testing equipment.
- Good spoken English
Desirable experience / qualities:
- Knowledge of computer science principles and an understanding of embedded programming principles in C/C++ would be desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, RS232, RS485, TCP/IP
- Knowledge around BMS systems and battery powered operation
- Knowledge of regulatory restrictions around EMC
- Experience using Git based source control
- Experience working with IoT solutions
- Work in our office in the centre of London (Hybrid model).
- Competitive salary package and comprehensive benefits package.
- Comprehensive health insurance through Vitality offered after completing probation.
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and creativity.
- Cutting-edge projects with the latest technologies and tools.
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours and the option for remote work.
- Supportive and experienced team members, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and mentorship.