Aeguana is an award-winning automated retail technology (think vending!) and experiential marketing company. By working with some of the world's leading vending operators and retail brands, Aeguana has developed cutting edge software and is on a mission to reinvent vending. Our technology enables us to deliver extremely high levels of customisation to vend a variety of items and engage customers at point of sale in unique ways. We share a passion for doing what others say can’t be done, blending engineering, industrial design and digital technology while constantly innovating to develop amazing products for our clients. We understand that every brand is unique, and we work closely with each client to ultimately engage their customers through automated retail solutions, in-store retail concepts, and experiential marketing campaigns. Our high profile clients include WHSmiths, Co-Op, Premier Inn and the NHS.
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer who is pro active and can work unsupervised responding to machine breakdowns and failures, both remotely with technical phone support and carry out, where necessary, site visits to rectify problems. The candidate will also be supporting to plan and conduct machine installations and relocations, across UK.
- Provide preventive maintenance and installations for machines depending on service contract and SLA’s
- Respond to reported machine breakdowns and aim to clear, either via remote support or by planning to attend site in person
- Demonstrate ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Comply with all on-site arrival procedures, by making contact with a manager/supervisor on site to introduce yourself and seek permission to commence work on equipment
- Advise the customer when chargeable work is required and seek the required authorisation prior to undertaking this activity
- Achieve a best in class service and minimum recalls with the most cost-effective use of labour time and parts
- Ensure all activities are recorded correctly and communicated in line with company guidelines keeping stakeholders updated, keeping clients informed.
- Managing your vehicle spare part stock and tools to carry out all assigned tasks
- Ensuring processes and procedures are followed, whilst triggering continuous improvement possibilities
- Supporting helpdesk when there is no requirement of installations or or field service tasks (possibility for remote work as soon as training period is completed)
- To provide instruction and training as go-live procedure
Essential experience / qualities
- Work experience as a Field Service Engineer or comparable role, desirable within vending, automated retail or dispense technologies
- Due to the nature of the role, an Electrical background would be beneficial
- Enjoys helping clients and likes troubleshooting in a technical and agile environment
- Assertive with strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills both on the phone and face to face.
- A high technical aptitude with excellent fault- finding skills
- High-level communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues in front of customer
- Patience and understanding
- Positive attitude and constructive approach
- Fluency in English, further languages are beneficial
- Driving License & passport for travel are a must
- Good understanding of health and safety guidelines
- Willingness to travel within UK, nights away as required
What else is on offer?
- Competitive salary package and comprehensive benefits package
- Full training provided and exceptional learning opportunities
- Comprehensive health insurance through Vitality offered after completing probation
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
- Cutting-edge products with the latest technologies and tools
- Remote work depending on installation and breakdown schedule
- Supportive and experienced team members, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and mentorship