Aeguana is an award-winning automated retail technology (think vending!) and experiential marketing company. By working with some of the world's leading vending operators and retail brands, Aeguana has developed cutting edge software and is on a mission to reinvent vending. Our technology enables us to deliver extremely high levels of customisation to vend a variety of items and engage customers at point of sale in unique ways. We share a passion for doing what others say can’t be done, blending engineering, industrial design and digital technology while constantly innovating to develop amazing products for our clients. We understand that every brand is unique, and we work closely with each client to ultimately engage their customers through automated retail solutions, in-store retail concepts, and experiential marketing campaigns. Our high profile clients include WHSmiths, Co-Op, Premier Inn and the NHS.
As Product Owner Hardware at Aeguana x Boostbar, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our industry-leading point of sales systems (smart fridges & freezers, vending machines, micro-markets, coffee solutions). Leveraging your extensive experience, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of our innovative point of sales hardware, reinforcing our pioneering position within automated retail.
- Product strategy: Develop and communicate a compelling product vision and strategy for our Aeguana point of sales hardware (smart fridges & freezers, vending machines, coffee machines, micro-markets), that aligns with the overall company strategy.
- Roadmap development: Formulate and maintain a product roadmap, ensuring that products and features are delivered in a timely and strategic manner.
- Discovery, feasibility and requirements definition: Lead new feature discovery, evaluate the feasibility of new product features, and gather and refine functional and non-functional requirements together with clients, internal teams and leadership.
- Prioritisation: Plan and prioritise the product backlog, closely collaborating with cross-functional teams and company leadership.
- Strategic sourcing: Facilitate the selection of key hardware components and hardware suppliers in close collaboration with the engineering teams.
- Agile development: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including other product areas (e.g. point of sales software, mobile, cloud), engineering, design, data/machine learning and commercial to deliver high-quality automated retail systems in an agile development environment.
- User research and client engagement: Participate in user research and engage with clients to understand their challenges and gather feedback to continuously improve our offerings.
- Market analysis: Stay informed about emerging technologies, industry trends and competitor products to ensure our automated retail technology remains at the forefront of innovation.
- Proven experience as a Product Owner or in a similar role in a technology-driven environment.
- Background in mechanical engineering, electronic engineering and/or other past experience with tech hardware.
- Agile/Scrum experience and a collaborative mindset to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Project-management experience is a plus.
- Previous start-up/scale-up experience is a plus.
- Modern office in London Woolwich (Hybrid model).
- Competitive remuneration.
- Comprehensive health insurance through Vitality offered after completing probation.
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages innovation and creativity.
- Cutting-edge projects with the latest technologies and tools.
- Supportive and experienced team members, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and mentorship.