We're looking for a Backend Engineer who will keep making sure our software is on the way to become awesome! Join a team that's on the mission of redefining how companies understand, grow and engage their online communities.
Our Tech Stack ⚙️
- Ruby with Sinatra framework on the backend with React.js and Typescript on the frontend
- Microservices architecture
- Sidekiq for background processing
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Take care of Ruby development of new features and integrations
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Advocate best practices and well tested, reliable software
- Review code of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas, take the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Assess the efficiency and speed of current applications
That being said, you are the one if 👇
- You have 3+ years of experience in Ruby development
- You can solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- You are empathetic and thanks to that you can put yourself in customer’s shoes, get their perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app experience
- You have used Git version control
- You have great communication skills (for async communication we use Github, Slack)
- You are friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
- You enjoy and are not afraid to challenge the status quo – nothing is set in stone here and we would love to hear your ideas and opinions
Nice but not essential
- Experience with ReactJS, so small changes could be done without pinging the Frontend team
- Experience with GraphQL API
- Experience with a remote full-time role
- Watched the TV show 'Silicon Valley' at least twice 😎
Who you’ll be working with 🤝
Alex, our Engineering Manager, will be the one you'll be reporting to. Michal, our CTO and one of the founding team members oversees the technical leadership in our engineering team. You will join Tomas, yet another Tomas, Filip, Doris, or Andre, and more people in our engineering team, where everyone works together and contributes to the success of our product. And of course, we really believe in the power of a strong and cross-functional product team. That being said you will also be working closely together with Kubo, our Head of Product, and our founder and CEO yet another Tomas. 😅
What's in it for you?
💰 Attractive salary with ESOP (stock options)
💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop)
🏡 Yearly home-office stipend for remote work equipment
🌴 Unlimited vacation and sick days
🤝 Possibility to work with highly ambitious, energetic, diverse group of people
📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
🧘 Health & Wellness monthly allowance (this could be a gym subscription, a massage, or Headspace subscription)
🎀 Regular recognition, gifts, and awards
🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office
... and many more to come as we listen to your needs!
About Ahoy 👋
We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but... today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect - a community data intelligence platform, that enables organizations to understand, grow, engage, automate, and derive value from their audiences.
We closed our Seed investment round in September 2021, launched the product, and onboarded the first customers. This is just the first, tiny step - we aim to build a successful global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey!
Our teammates gained experience from companies such as InVision, Dropbox, Facebook, Segment, Delivery Hero, or Productboard.
About our culture 🗿
We are a fully remote team that values transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions. We trust our people to tell us how things should be done, not the other way round. We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we've spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team. And in October 2021 we spent a week in Mallorca together ☀️ We believe we are a bunch of extremely driven and collaborative teammates coming out of various places and backgrounds. Flexible working hours and environment, asynchronous yet collaborative work, and having as few internal meetings and procedures as possible are not buzzwords to us. We live them.
Type of employment: Full-time independent contractor for an indefinite period (B2B invoice). If you haven't worked this way before, please find more information here on working as a contractor in your location.
Ahoy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please do not hesitate to apply using the button below!