💨 The short version
Early-stage venture-backed startup looking for the first Account Executive to support our Head of Sales and the early sales foundation and growth. A good fit if you like moving fast, having an impact, working on a variety of different things, and thanks to all of that learning a lot.
📍Where do you come in?
We believe we are focused on probably the most exciting GTM shift since PLG; Community-Led Growth. The space is very much alive right now. And yet we are still at the very beginning of our journey! If you're passionate about how the interconnectivity of people will be the next driver of growth and how data underpins this we should have a chat! You will help Rob (our experienced Sales leader) shape and lead a sales function from 5 to 80 over the next 2-3 years and be a fundamental, landing revenue team member. Coaching & training is at the forefront of everything we do. Improving you as a salesperson is going to be Rob's number 1 priority.
🎯 The impact you’ll make by joining us
Within 1 month you’ll:
- Be embedded in our sales process and philosophy - from outbound to running a sale you’ll have a clear understanding of the “jobs to be done” and the strategies we use to support them.
- Start running your own sales cycles alongside senior management to make sure you’re confident and up to speed quickly
- Become confident and clear in how we use content and cadences to build pipelines and have generated your own to start working with.
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Start closing your first deals and making a material impact on our revenue.
- Become an expert on the field of community as a growth function.
- Funnel feedback from prospects and customers to our product team and help us shape our roadmap
Within 6+ months you’ll (and as we are still an early-stage startup – this might change pretty a lot in the time):
- Deliver value to our prospects, help us continuously educate the community market, and as a result consistently meet or exceed your quota.
- Come up with some sales operations suggestions – we’re constantly focusing on ways to be more efficient and optimizing our sales flow is key to this
💪 Skills you’ll need (a.k.a. must-haves)
- Bring the knowledge and experience with modern + innovative ways of engaging with prospects and customers
- Clear and concise communication + presentation skills and a huge drive to make an immediate impact
- An understanding of SaaS structures – we are building a SaaS usually for SaaS companies out there
➕ What are the special areas you can learn here
- How to run an effective modern sales process with a huge focus on discovery and influencing vs. assisting a sale.
- How to scale an early-stage business, be a core part of the strategy for how we build revenue and the teams to support it.
- How to create a new product category & the building blocks for how to create a market
🤔 Why this role might not be a fit
- You aren’t interested in an early-stage startup environment. We care a lot about our team members and we try to avoid the chaos of the popular caricatures of startups. That being said, we seek to move quickly, we seek to do what’s best for our customers (sometimes without a lot of guidance), and you’ll be more resource-constrained than working at a larger company (e.g., Facebook, Google). In these big tech companies your base compensation might be also a bit higher though your efforts can much more directly impact how valuable the equity upside is here. That environment might be exciting – or it might not align with what you’re looking for.
- You’re uncomfortable with change and ambiguity. Don't take us wrong. It doesn't mean we are changing foundational stuff every second day. No! We are really trying to build a solid foundation and keep building on top of that. We are just saying – if we all do our jobs well, the company will continue to grow rapidly. And that might mean your role will likely shift in scope to accommodate that growth and that new challenges will emerge that we don’t yet have the answers to. Depending on what you’re looking for, that dynamic may not be a fit (which is OK)!
Who you’ll be working with 🤝
Rob is our Head of Sales (ex-Segment sales leader) and he is the one you would be reporting to and working closely the most with. The rest of the sales team currently consists of Lukas and Adam who help wherever they can to help community managers out there do their work better. Once you bring a new customer on board we want to make sure the success of the customer – there you are going to cooperate on this with our amazing CSM Jerome. Both of our Product Managers – Jakub and Jakub (yes they are named the same, we have many internal jokes about that) are already very much keen to hear about the customer feedback you will gather. (Not only) The early-stage startup sales is from time to time about bringing the founder and CEO of the company for the customer's call together with you – Tomas is still very much involved in sales and trying to help whenever he can!
What's in it for you?
💰 Fair salary (base + bonus) + employee stock options
💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop)
🏡 Yearly home-office stipend for remote work equipment of $500/year
🌴 Unlimited vacation and sick days
📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons of $1500/year
🧘 Health & Wellness monthly allowance of $50 (this could be a gym subscription, a massage, or Headspace subscription)
🎀 Regular recognition, gifts, and awards
🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office
... and many more to come as we listen to your needs!
About Ahoy 👋
We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but... today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect - a community data intelligence platform, that enables organizations to understand, grow, engage, automate, and derive value from their audiences.
We closed our Seed investment round in September 2021, launched the product, and onboarded the first customers. This is just the first, tiny step – we aim to build a successful global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey!
Our teammates gained experience from companies such as InVision, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Hopin, Segment, Delivery Hero, or Productboard.
About our culture 🗿
We are a remote-first team that values integrity, ownership, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions. We trust our people to tell us how things should be done, not the other way round. We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we've spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team. And in October 2021 we spent a week in Mallorca together ☀️ We are a bunch of driven and collaborative teammates coming out of various places and backgrounds (10+ nationalities on the team!). Flexible working hours, asynchronous yet collaborative work, and having as few internal meetings and procedures as possible are not buzzwords to us. We live them.
Type of employment: Full-time independent contractor for an indefinite period (B2B invoice). If you haven't worked this way before, please find more information here on working as a contractor in your location.
Ahoy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please do not hesitate to apply using the button below!