💨 The short version
Early-stage VC-backed startup looking for a Junior Sales Development Representative (SDR) to work together with our Head of Sales, SDR Manager, and the rest of the early sales team. A great fit if you want to break into the world of technology and startups and B2B sales. We promise you’ll move fast and learn new things every day!
📍Where do you come in?
We believe we are focused on the most exciting Go-to-Market shift since PLG → Community-Led Growth. The space is very much alive right now. And yet we are still at the very beginning of our journey! If you're passionate about how the interconnectivity of people will be the next driver of growth and how data underpins this, we should have a chat! You will help us shape sales function from 5 to 80 over the next 2-3 years and be a fundamental landing revenue team member. Coaching & training is at the forefront of everything we do. Helping you grow as a salesperson will be our number 1 priority.
🎯 The impact you’ll make by joining us
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Be embedded in our sales process and philosophy - based on the nature of your role, you will focus mainly on outbound.
- Have a clear understanding of the “jobs to be done” and the strategies we use to support them.
- Start running your own sales outreach alongside the current sales team to make sure you’re confident in bringing the revenue in.
- Become proficient and clear in how we use content and cadences to build pipelines.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Start seeing some of the first deals being closed thanks to your effort, making a material impact on our revenue!
- Educate yourself more in the field of the community as a growth function.
- Funnel feedback from prospects and customers to our product team and help us shape our roadmap.
Within 6+ months, you’ll (and as we are still an early-stage startup – this might change pretty a lot in time):
- Deliver value to our prospects, help us continuously educate the community market, and as a result, consistently meet or exceed your quota (which is subject to a bonus!)
- Come up with some sales operations suggestions – we’re constantly focusing on ways to be more efficient and optimizing our sales flow is key to this.
💪 Skills you’ll need (a.k.a. must-haves)
- Clear and concise communication – both verbal and written English.
- Previous experience in sales is NOT required, but we must see your passion and hunger to succeed in this new role.
- Your friends would describe you as a people person – you have an outgoing personality.
- You have the drive to learn a lot, and ideally, you are already interested in tech.
- Nice to have: graduate/background in Marketing/Business and experience with Excel/Sheets, HubSpot, and Notion.
➕ What are the special areas you can learn here
- How to effectively prospect new customers.
- How to generally run an effective modern sales process with a huge focus on discovery and influencing vs. assisting a sale.
- How to scale an early-stage business, be part of the strategy for how we build revenue.
- How to create a new product category & the building blocks for how to create a market.
🤔 Why this role might NOT be a fit
- You aren’t interested in an early-stage startup environment. We care a lot about our team members and try to avoid the chaos of the popular caricatures of startups. That being said, we seek to move quickly, we seek to do what’s best for our customers (sometimes without a lot of guidance), and you’ll be more resource-constrained than working at a larger company (e.g., Facebook, Google). In these big tech companies, your base compensation might also be a bit higher though your efforts can directly impact how valuable the equity upside is here. That environment might be exciting or not align with what you’re looking for.
- You’re uncomfortable with change and ambiguity. Don't take us wrong. It doesn't mean we are changing foundational stuff every second day. No! We are really trying to build a solid foundation and keep building on top of that. We are just saying that if we all do our jobs well, the company will continue growing rapidly. And that might mean your role will likely shift in scope to accommodate that growth and that new challenges will emerge that we don’t yet have the answers to. Depending on what you’re looking for, that dynamic may not be a fit (which is OK)!
Who you’ll be working with 🤝
Rob is our Head of Sales (ex-Segment sales leader), and he overlooks the whole sales team. Lukas is a huge community geek recently promoted to SDR Manager - he is the one you will be reporting to. The rest of the team consists of Adam only so far, who helps wherever he can to help community managers out there do their work better. Once you help bring a new customer on board, we want to ensure the customer's success – we cooperate on this with our amazing CSM Jerome. Both of our Product Managers – Jakub and Jakub (yes, they are named the same, we have many internal jokes about that), are already very much keen to hear about the customer feedback you will gather. The early-stage startup sales are from time to time about bringing the founder and CEO of the company whenever help on closing a deal is needed in the sales process – Tomas is still very much involved in sales and trying to help actively!
What's in it for you?
💰 Fair salary (base + bonus) + employee stock options after 6 months
💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop)
🏡 Yearly home-office stipend for remote work equipment of $500/year
🌴 Unlimited vacation and sick days
📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, and language lessons of $1500/year
🧘 Health & Wellness monthly allowance of $50 (this could be a gym subscription, a massage, or a Headspace subscription)
🎀 Regular recognition, gifts, and awards
🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office (last time we went to sunny Mallorca ☀️)
... and many more to come as we listen to your needs!
About Ahoy 👋
We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but... today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect - a community data intelligence platform that enables organizations to understand, grow, engage, automate, and derive value from their audiences.
We closed our Seed investment round in September 2021, launched the product, and onboarded the first customers. This is just the first, tiny step – we aim to build a successful global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey!
Our teammates gained experience from companies such as InVision, Dropbox, LinkedIn, Hopin, Segment, Delivery Hero, Productboard, Cloudtalk, or Twisto.
About our culture 🗿
We are a remote-first team that values integrity, ownership, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions. We trust our people to tell us how things should be done, not the other way round. We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we've spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team. And in October 2021, we spent a week in Mallorca together ☀️ We are a bunch of driven and collaborative teammates coming out of various places and backgrounds (10+ nationalities on the team!). Flexible working hours, asynchronous yet collaborative work, and having as few internal meetings and procedures as possible are not buzzwords to us. We live them.
Location / Type of employment: This is a remote role although you will have a few colleagues in Poland! Full-time independent contractor for an indefinite period (B2B invoice). If you haven't worked this way before, please find more information here on working as a contractor in your location.
Ahoy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please do not hesitate to apply using the button below!