You’re passionate about the learning experience and training process and enjoy creating something that sparks both knowledge and interest. You enjoy writing and creating material that is not just informational, but engaging and personal. You like to create a seamless educational experience and a culture of continuous learning. You know what makes for good training, and what sets it apart from “telling.” You enjoy frequently interacting with teams across an organization to collaborate and build relationships and use those relationships to create and maintain courses and curriculums.
About the Position
Airship’s Online Customer Training Team is looking for a Technical Training Specialist to plan, write, design, author, film and produce high quality and engaging customer training content. With an understanding of the Airship platform and customer use cases, you’ll play a key part driving forward our customer content strategy in using our LMS platform to provide digital video learning experiences to teach customers how to implement Airship with best practices.
The Technical Training Specialist takes pride in planning, managing, and improving the course implementation strategy across the organization.
● Create high-quality online learning materials using a variety of delivery formats including video, screencasts, voice-overs, animations and written instructional content.
● Provide instructional design including creating lesson plans, writing scripts, creating design documents, developing and revising content, receiving and incorporating feedback from peers and subject matter experts. Interface with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and peers to gather information and collaborate on assigned training projects.
● Review existing content and other source materials to keep our published content up to date and relevant.
● Develop and maintain expertise with Airship services and products in order to effectively train and educate users.
● Additional training content-related projects and tasks
Skills and Experience
● Thorough knowledge of and experience with instructional design principles, methodologies, and adult education concepts.
● Experience with Customer Engagement Platforms and customer use cases.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
● Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and engaging manner.
● Experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to lesson planning, development and implementation.
● Experience creating training plans and materials.
● Functional knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, or other video editing software is preferred.
● Able to quickly build trusting relationships with customers, managers and leaders.
● Ability to work with the Support Team to enhance our knowledge base with video explainers and other product demonstration experiences.
● Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
● Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
● Ability to work remotely on a distributed team.
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.