The Product Marketing team at Airship is responsible for Go-to-Market (GTM) planning and execution of the establishment of mobile app experiences (MAX) as a vital,value creation corporate strategy. We will help do so through world-class marketing, competitive positioning, customer and influencer validation, sales enablement and a combination of thought leadership and technical content creation. As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager you will be executing GTM plans for sales, customer success, partner and demand gen channels, all with a focus on differentiated competitive positioning and the creation of materials that bring that differentiation to life. You’ll be working closely with leadership in these functional areas, engaged in customer and analyst discussions, and often presenting your plans and outcomes to these stakeholders. Close collaboration with product leaders, a deep understanding of our offerings and those of our top competitors relative to the value they create for customers will be key success factors.
- Competitive Intelligence: Gain deep understanding of the market landscape, and especially how our competitors position themselves and how our customers and analysts perceive them. Share insights into the evolving market landscape, create competitive positioning related content for internal and external audiences, listen to our customers and partners to inform product management on roadmap direction for sustained differentiation. This is the primary focus for this role.
- Messaging & Positioning: Collaborate with key stakeholders to always be on the forefront of driving a differentiated company narrative based on specific use-case driven customer stories across relevant industry verticals.
- Content Marketing: Reinforce established messaging on how and why Airship is the world’s only trusted partner when it comes to helping global brands drive mobile app experiences (we call it MAX) with its Airship Experience Platform (AXP). Create and help create content across multiple forms for different audiences to drive data-driven demand and pipeline metrics.
- Product Launches: Collaborate closely with demand gen, branding, product, and sales enablement teams to drive awareness and pipeline of new products - internally through enablement and externally through marketing campaigns and other launch vehicles like AR, PR and social
- Sales Enablement: Work closely with sales, understanding and supporting their sales cycles, and create amazing usable customer insights and stories. Develop compelling, use-case based content and customer examples for sales training, sales plays and competitive battlecards
- 8-10 years of B2B product marketing experience at a SaaS company, with experience leading strategic and tactical efforts de-positioning competitors
- Strong market knowledge about the mobile app marketing landscape and experience marketing SaaS-based platforms
- Successfully launched products in close collaboration with key stakeholders like product management, demand gen, sales, customer success, and partner teams
- Proven track record of crafting compelling content, as well as creating product launch, marketing and sales assets, including demo videos, pitch decks, customer reference programs
- Creative thinker, a story-teller and confident communicator with proactive marketing ideas and solid experience collaborating, supporting and, at times, influencing cross-functional global teams
- Experience marketing to a variety of target personas (executive, manager, user), understanding buyer journeys as well as elements of data-driven operating models for pipeline and revenue growth
- Data driven and analytical. Plan, track, measure, and report against targets
- Technical background and an MBA, a plus
At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Airship Benefits Summary
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program ($1,750/year) + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.