At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
About the Role
The Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for the ongoing support for operating systems, internal services and COTs applications. They will interact directly with the IT Systems engineering team and operational staff to troubleshoot and resolve end-user ticket items as well as help implement new desktop management and collaboration technologies. The candidate must have in depth knowledge of multiple operating systems and system configurations, and in one or more COTs systems supporting the enterprise. The Desktop Engineer will provide incident support as well as ongoing planning for system operation and improvement.
Examples of Work Performed
- Interface with customers, peers, and vendors to resolve configuration and operational issues, integration problems, and related technology problems using a ticketing system
- Provide technical assistance in primary areas of competence, and provide technical project implementation guidance
- Assist in deployment of new applications and services as well as provide incident support
- Provide advice and recommendations on system upgrades, replacements, or new systems to IT team and end-users; help define and lead any performance testing efforts
- Communicate with vendors for upgrades and troubleshooting issues with equipment and software
- Direct enterprise COTs, infrastructure services, or internal developed solutions to ensure available and reliable systems
- Develop architecture diagrams, briefings and training on new end-user services
- Train and demonstrate product features and operation to non-technical customers
- Develop increasing expertise in key technologies, focusing on three-tiered, web- based solutions
- Maintain experience and expertise in problem definition, requirements analysis and the general design and integration of systems
- Develop an increasing appreciation for technologies and architectures, including: enterprise architecture strategies and deployment best practices; architecture and component performance testing; hosting strategies and infrastructure architectures
- Represent Airship and its products in inter-company meetings and industry conferences
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a related field and additional related college courses or professional training
- Proven experience in successfully solving technical problems for end-users with a drive toward centering customer needs and operational excellence
- In-depth knowledge of MAC and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of public cloud services use
- Experience maintaining large end-user rollouts of desktop management solutions
- Experience with Windows Desktop Engineering with proven technology expertise in more than one relevant core areas such as: Windows Desktop Image Engineering, Software Distribution, and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience in mobile device management, especially Apple devices and Windows Desktop management
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing new software solutions
Airship’s Talent Commitment
At Airship, we are committed to Attracting, Retaining and Growing Top Talent. To do so, we strive to make our innovative digital-first organization a great place to work and provide employees with compensation that is aligned to our Company mission and values.
Our culture is one of High-performance, Accountability, and Team Collaboration, and our Compensation structure is designed to reflect that.
Compensation at Airship
Airship’s compensation is determined by a variety of factors including market data, experience ladders, and geographical location. The starting salary range for this position is: $65,000-$75,000 per year. Some roles may also be eligible for commission, bonus, competitive equity packages and other performance incentives. In addition, we also provide an extensive suite of Benefits offerings as part of our Total Rewards approach to compensation.
Benefits at Airship
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program.
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.