At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
Learn more about Airship here: Airship Newsroom + Airship Customers
About the Role
The Software QA Engineer is responsible for planning, creating, and executing user-level tests of app notification and experience code and services as well as mobile device app performance. You will collaborate with other technical staff to plan and execute test plans to support new feature releases as well as plan and perform regression tests, you can put your passion for QA testing to work and help optimize our users’ experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated QA Engineer to join our Paris engineering team who will work with local team members, as well as report in to our QA Manager in the US. There is ample opportunity for every team member to contribute in multiple ways, using all their skills, as well as develop new ones.
Location: This role is a remote role, and candidates must reside near Paris, France, or surrounding areas within the United Kingdom.
Examples of Work Performed
- Create and design application and software testing processes
- Provide quality assurance for software products
- Automate testing (cypress.io) or similar such as Selenium
- Collaborate with fellow Software QA Engineers to develop test plans and new approaches for seeking out bugs and exploits in end-user-facing applications
- Implement feedback and changes whenever possible
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a related field and additional related college courses or professional training
- 3-5 years of software QA experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills working with software development teams
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting
- Time management skills and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Capable of building test applications using the mobile frameworks Airship supports
- Ability to fluently speak/read/write French and English
Bonus Points if you have
- Experience with mobile framework such as Flutter, React Native or Cordova
Benefits at Airship
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program.
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.