At Alma, we are convinced that trade must be well balanced to be sustainable. Because finance has a key role in business, our mission is to put it back in its rightful place : at the service of merchants and consumers !
That’s why we create financial products that empower merchants to sell more, and help consumers purchase better products while never encouraging them to get over-indebted.
Our tech solutions are accessible to all, easy to implement, and that eliminate purchase friction.
For merchants, our instalment and deferred payment solutions are excellent ways of increasing customers' loyalty and satisfaction, as well as generating up to 20% extra sales revenues without any risk. and they generate an incomparable level of satisfaction with 64 Net Promoter Score.
For consumers, the purchase experience is enhanced (4.7/5 on Trustpilot) and Alma helps them handle their budget easily. They pay later, Alma pays the merchants right away.
We are the leader in France and are on track to win the European market on the (very) powerful Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry, as we’re now processing payments in 10 European countries. Over the past 5 years, more than 11 000 merchants have chosen Alma to be their innovative BNPL solution, and we have served over 2.7 million consumers.
The team has grown from 2 to 350+ people, we raised a €210M series C early 2022 to help us accelerate further and Alma is already part of the Next40 ranking of the most promising French technology companies. And that's only the beginning.
As a BDR (Business Development Representative) - Middle Market, your impact at Alma will be immediate and tangible: you will directly contribute to increasing payment volumes processed by Alma while growing our merchant portfolio. You will have the satisfaction of helping the team closing deals within weeks and in manifesting Alma as a European player.
You will report to the team lead BDR and our Head of Sales and have the following responsibilities:
- Develop Alma's sales activity using the tools available (telephone / email / social networks, Sales navigator...) and closely work with the Growth team to actively prospect on a defined block of verticals with players having a turnover of between €5M and €150M.
- Generate lists of prospects in collaboration with the Growth and Marketing teams.
- Implement a prospecting strategy and actively follow-up targets in order to qualify their needs and identify potential projects.
- Obtaining qualified appointments for your Account Executives.
- Track and monitor your activity and find the best methods to improve the prospecting process.
You will also benefit from an ongoing coaching/training program that will enable you to develop strong commercial, e-commerce and payment skills.
Alma is the right fit for you if you are :
- Ambitious and driven by challenge: you have a strong desire to exceed your goals
- Structured: you’re a quick learner who rapidly get’s up to speed in understanding the challenges faced by merchants
- Rigorous and organized: you advance in a methodic manner and follow your prospects to the end
- Strong communication skills: you are very at ease when interacting with prospects, clients or any stakeholders of the industry, and you always ensure the appropriate level of reporting internally
- You want to make an impact and drive excellence in a fast growing company
- You have one year of professional experience in selling B2B solutions. Knowledge of the e-commerce and/or payment world is a plus!
- Being native or bilingual in French is a prerequisite.
Because of the importance of this role for Alma, the process is quite intense. Yet, we'll aim at running it in 2 to 3 weeks maximum
- A call with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- A call with a member of the Sales team
- A written case study to complete at home
- A video interview (with role play!) with 2 people from the Sales team
- An Executive interview with Marine, Sales Director