At Alma, we are convinced that trade must be well balanced to be sustainable. Because finance has a key role in business, our mission is to put it back in its rightful place : at the service of merchants and consumers !
That’s why we create financial products that empower merchants to sell more, and help consumers purchase better products while never encouraging them to get over-indebted.
Our tech solutions are accessible to all, easy to implement, and that eliminate purchase friction.
For merchants, our instalment and deferred payment solutions are excellent ways of increasing customers' loyalty and satisfaction, as well as generating up to 20% extra sales revenues without any risk. and they generate an incomparable level of satisfaction with 64 Net Promoter Score.
For consumers, the purchase experience is enhanced (4.7/5 on Trustpilot) and Alma helps them handle their budget easily. They pay later, Alma pays the merchants right away.
We are the leader in France and are on track to win the European market on the (very) powerful Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry, as we’re now processing payments in 10 European countries. Over the past 5 years, more than 11 000 merchants have chosen Alma to be their innovative BNPL solution, and we have served over 2.7 million consumers.
The team has grown from 2 to 350+ people, we raised a €210M series C early 2022 to help us accelerate further and Alma is already part of the Next40 ranking of the most promising French technology companies. And that's only the beginning.
As a Sales Manager, your impact at Alma will be immediate and tangible: you will directly contribute to increasing payment volumes processed by Alma. You will have the satisfaction of closing deals within weeks.
You will report to the General Manager Germany and have the following responsibilities:
- Actively reaching out to players with a turnover up to 150M€ on specific verticals you have acquaintance with (home & garden, fashion, services, etc.), be they online or offline (yes, we're omnichannel!)
- Organizing and monitoring your pipeline on Hubspot in an extremely methodical and dynamic way
- Finding the best methods to optimise sales processes
Being Sales Manager in Germany requires a wide skillset and a high level of energy:
- Sales appetite: you are passionate about sales, always motivated to get the next deal closed and able to sell slightly in advance a product keeping in mind roadmap prioritization
- Strong communication skills: you are very at ease when interacting with prospects, clients or any stakeholders of the industry, and you always ensure the appropriate level of reporting internally
- Impact driven: you always keep a close eye on your KPIs and make sure you achieve growth and hit sales targets on time
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you are not afraid of taking sales responsibility for a new company in your market and getting your hands dirty
- Solution oriented: you create feedback loops with merchants and end consumers in your market to continuously improve our product, discussing with the Sales Manager and General Manager of Germany on priority features we should roll out
- You have 3 years of experience as a sales executive with a proven track record in the payment and/or tech industry. Alternatively, you have experience in B2B sales in a start-up or scale-up environment
- You already have worked in an international and multicultural context, and you are fluent in written and spoken English and German
- Video call with a member of our HR or Business Ops team
- Video call with a sales specialist from another market
- Written case study
- Video call with the General Manager of Germany and business case debrief
- Team fit