At Alma, we are convinced that trade must be well balanced to be sustainable. Because finance has a key role in business, our mission is to put it back in its rightful place : at the service of merchants and consumers !
That’s why we create financial products that empower merchants to sell more, and help consumers purchase better products while never encouraging them to get over-indebted.
Our tech solutions are accessible to all, easy to implement, and that eliminate purchase friction.
For merchants, our instalment and deferred payment solutions are excellent ways of increasing customers' loyalty and satisfaction, as well as generating up to 20% extra sales revenues without any risk. and they generate an incomparable level of satisfaction with 64 Net Promoter Score.
For consumers, the purchase experience is enhanced (4.7/5 on Trustpilot) and Alma helps them handle their budget easily. They pay later, Alma pays the merchants right away.
We are the leader in France and are on track to win the European market on the (very) powerful Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry, as we’re now processing payments in 10 European countries. Over the past 5 years, more than 11 000 merchants have chosen Alma to be their innovative BNPL solution, and we have served over 2.7 million consumers.
The team has grown from 2 to 350+ people, we raised a €210M series C early 2022 to help us accelerate further and Alma is already part of the Next40 ranking of the most promising French technology companies. And that's only the beginning.
Purpose of the job
To support our rapid growth in France and Europe, we are looking for a General Accountant. You will be part of Alma’s Finance team, and will play a key role in building our Finance function and scaling our Accounting operations, in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
🎯 Main missions
Lead the Accounting team and processes at Alma
- You will be responsible for daily bookkeeping for our entity in France
- You will collaborate with various departments on accruals, prepaid expenses and other monthly close areas, including preparing vendor payments, reviewing expenses submitted by employees, examining bank statements and reconcile them with general ledger entries
- You will prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules. You will also be responsible for the preparation of tax returns in a timely manner
- You will be in charge of preparing monthly financial statements, including an analytical P&L, and assist on providing analysis when necessary
- You will ensure the accuracy of our financial data and of the completeness of the documentation in place for auditing purposes
Scale the Accounting team, improve tools and processes
- You will build and maintain best in class tools and processes, help streamline month-close process via automation, and identify efficiencies and standardization
- You will proactively drive improvements in processes and procedures, incl. order-to-cash process, expenses approval, etc., and through participation in special Accounting projects and ad hoc analyses, and have the opportunity to put forward and drive projects on your own
🤝 Main internal & external interactions / stakeholders
- Finance team members for the production of financial information
- All Alma employees in a business partner role, on all Accounting related topics, e.g. Purchase Orders, vendors, expenses, accrual, prepaid expenses, etc.
- Auditors and other external controllers whenever necessary
- External advisers on financial matters
💡 Skills & knowledge
Hard skills and theoretical knowledge
- Degree in accounting, management, finance, or audit
- Good knowledge of general french accounting (PCG), willing to learn other accounting frameworks (PCEC)
- Previous experience (internships, apprenticeship or work-study) in accounting, finance, or audit (external accounting/audit firm or within a finance team) - A previous experience in financial services is a plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Netsuite (ORACLE) is an big advantage
Know-how and soft–behavioral skills
- You have outstanding problem-solving skills and an ability to design and/or scale processes
- You have solid analytical skills
- You are looking for ownership, and are not afraid to “do” and take initiatives
- You have an appetite for fast-growing environments and are willing to have a direct impact on the business growth
- You have an interest in developing teams and training them towards common objectives
- Integrity is a fundamental pillar of your personal set of values