Are you up for a challenge? Amplemarket welcomes spontaneous applications from talented people who are eager to join our team.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional Backend Engineers who want to revolutionize the future of sales, while thriving in an incredible Engineering environment.
While we may not be prioritizing this opening at the moment - and, therefore, might take a bit longer to get back to you - we review spontaneous applications regularly and if your profile stands out, we’ll definitely want to get to know you 🙂
Software engineers build the core of Amplemarket.
Backend engineers build the core of Amplemarket. The three co-founders have an engineering background (João, Luís and Mica studied Physics & Computer Science in university) and deeply value the work that engineers are responsible for.
Our main goal is to build a sales platform that helps companies grow. Our product requires us to solve a myriad of difficult engineering problems very diverse in nature: from working on NLP models that can extract information from a thread of emails to scaling an Elasticsearch cluster holding terabytes of data.
We are deeply aware of the importance of our tool to our customers and look for people that share that vision.
Among other things, our stack includes:
Ruby on Rails, React, PostgresQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
We don't require you to have experience in our stack to apply.
Our customers use Amplemarket on a daily basis. We keep and enrich valuable data that is critical for sales reps's success. We need to keep these TB of data organized and easily accessible. Luckily, you are reading this, and when you join Amplemarket our performance will skyrocket.
As an early member of engineering team, you will build reliable backend systems and design state-of-the-art APIs to enable new product features. You will work cross functionally in a fullstack team and in close collaboration with product, design, customer success, support, and sales functions.
- Work directly with the co-founders
- Have lots of autonomy and impact
- Ship new features every week
- Own central, complex components of the application
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap, turning rough specs into features
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the product
- You have experience designing and maintaining complex/large/growing systems
- When reviewing new system designs or code, you naturally think about what can go wrong: edge cases, failure modes, bottlenecks, migrations, releases, interesting metrics, etc
- You love debugging and finding the root cause of production issues
- You are proactive, when you see something broken you jump on it to fix it or suggest improvements
- You strive to use best practices and always test the software that you deliver
- You are based somewhere between the GMT-3 and GMT+2 timezones
- We are a post-Series A start-up
- Backed by YCombinator
- Strong technical founding team from MIT and IST (also founders of https://fermatslibrary.com/)
- Fast growing startup with product market fit
- Great team spirit
- Nice work environment
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Annual Company Trip in a secret location
- and more