Are you up for a challenge? Amplemarket welcomes spontaneous applications from talented people who are eager to join our team.
We are always on the lookout for exceptional Data Engineers who want to revolutionize the future of sales, while thriving in an incredible Engineering environment.
While we may not be prioritizing this opening at the moment - and, therefore, might take a bit longer to get back to you - we review spontaneous applications regularly and if your profile stands out, we’ll definitely want to get to know you 🙂
About the Engineering Team
The three co-founders have an engineering background (João, Luís and Mica studied Physics & Computer Science in university) and deeply value the work that engineers are responsible for.
Our main goal is to build a sales platform that helps companies grow. Our product requires us to solve a myriad of difficult engineering problems very diverse in nature: from working on NLP models that can extract information from a thread of emails to scaling an Elasticsearch cluster holding terabytes of data.
We are deeply aware of the importance of our tool to our customers and look for people that share that vision.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure and processes necessary for the collection, storage, and analysis of large datasets. You will work closely with our development, product, and data teams to ensure that our data is accurate, reliable, and accessible to support business decision-making, machine learning models, and drive product innovation.
- Design and implement data pipelines for the collection, storage, and transformation of data from a variety of sources
- Develop and maintain data models and schema to support data analysis and reporting
- Write and maintain ETL jobs to extract, transform, and load data into our data warehouse
- Collaborate with ML engineers, data analysts, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop solutions to support data-driven decision-making
- Monitor and optimize data pipelines and processes to ensure data quality and performance
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or a similar language
- Experience with SQL and data modeling concepts
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Redshift, BigQuery, or similar
- Experience with ETL tools such as Spark, Flink, Databricks, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of the underlying cloud infrastructure on how the various data pipeline component fit together
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Based somewhere between the GMT-3 and GMT+2 timezones
Some more about Amplemarket:
- We are a post-Series A start-up
- Backed by YCombinator
- Strong technical founding team from MIT and IST (also founders of https://fermatslibrary.com/)
- Fast growing startup with product market fit
- Great team spirit
- Nice work environment
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
- Annual Company Trip in a secret location
- and more