Who are we?
Ancoris is an award-winning Cloud Services Provider which helps customers innovate and transform through the use of Google Cloud. We have extensive expertise in Google Cloud technologies, and deliver our magic through Data and AI, as well as modernisation of applications and workspaces.
We are on a journey to becoming the most innovative partner in the Google ecosystem, so this is the right time for you to join a smart and friendly team, but with great ambition to succeed. We celebrate diversity, nurture talent from within and do the right thing for our customers.
What will your role be?
Reporting to the VP Services, you will be responsible for building a brand new Google Cloud managed services delivery capability building and developing a team to support you in your journey 🚀 . You are also part of the Ancoris operations management team and, as a result, we expect you to get involved in the overall running of the business, beyond just the “day job”.
This role sits within the wider services organisation, which is a key interface to our customers (and prospects). We also work closely with the sales team and our business partner Google to support the overall sales and delivery efforts.
What will you be doing?
- You will design, build and deliver the core technical capability for the development of our managed services offering, as well as leading our existing technical support team who support our existing customers across all our offerings
- You will hire a team to deliver our managed services offerings, scaling your organisation in line with business success
- You will own the delivery of our managed services capabilities, using resources in your team (including yourself), and elsewhere (including Google and from the rest of Ancoris or our focussed partners) to ensure successful ongoing service delivery of business we win
- You will play a key role and work alongside our Sales team as technical SME supporting them in showcasing our managed services capabilities and formulating proposals to our potential customers
- You will build and develop a relationship with appropriate partners (particularly Google but also other Cloud tool vendors) to help develop Ancoris business and standing within the cloud marketplace
- You will develop our customer engagement model for GCP managed services opportunities
- You will devise the technical and service delivery elements and play a key role in developing the commercial proposition for an ongoing managed services
- You will provide both leadership and hands-on technical delivery to our managed services customers
- You will play an active role in market development and perform presentations, remote and on-site proof of capability and assist with formulating customer proposals regarding Ancori’s managed service
This may be you:
- You will have experience in building a managed services and/or operations practice, and know the drill: it’s all about that NPS!
- Ideally you have cut your teeth in the delivery of hosting or cloud managed services over the years and you are looking for that full ownership of the operations process. If so, this might be you.
- You are a leader. In the true sense. Someone that people want to work with and who can add to other people’s careers and perspectives.
- A strong passion for public cloud wouldn’t go amiss (actually, this is pretty key!). You will have a demonstrated ability to architect ongoing service solutions based on Google Cloud, AWS or Azure, and broad cloud tool sets such as VMWare, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Hybrid cloud, etc
- You will likely have some hands on experience with of application architecture, IT Infrastructure, IT Service Management and security
- You love operational efficiency. You are incredibly organised with a keen eye (and attention to detail!) for process and continuous improvement.
- You are a driver. You drive things forward, you don’t wait for people to chase you. You get on with it independently, bringing others with you.
- You are excellent at relationship and stakeholder management. You will need excellent relationship building skills both internally and with our customers and partners.
- You have strong business acumen, and will have the ability to contribute to the business and culture more broadly than just this role.
There are many roads leading up to being a Head of Cloud Managed Services. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we offer you:
- You will be a part of a skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Flexible working with a healthy work life balance.
- Our people come first. That’s why you’ll have access to private medical insurance, employee assistance programmes, group life assurance, income protection and access to a market leading benefits platform.
- Learning & development. We will support you in your growth journey and cover the costs of your role-based certifications.
- We have first hand experience that diversity encourages creativity and innovation and makes us better placed to understand a wider range of customers' needs. This means that whatever your background, you won’t find a more welcoming place to work.
- We have family friendly policies and encourage a work-life balance, including part-time and flexible working options in roles which permit it.
What we stand for
We embrace our age, gender and culturally diverse workforce and value the wealth of possibilities this opens up. We believe it encourages creativity and innovation and makes us better placed to understand a wider range of customers and their needs.
Our customers’ challenges inspire us to discover agile, ground-breaking ways to dramatically help improve the way they work enabling them to drive their business forward.
Trusted to deliver
Our reputation is based on experience and delivery, but we never forget that trust has to be earned. So we engage openly, listen, act with professional integrity and guide clients to make the right decisions that work for their business, not ours.
Our customers, and their long term success, are what drive us relentlessly forward. We are not satisfied with anything less than exceeding their expectations.