Who are we?
Ancoris is an award-winning Cloud Services Provider which helps customers innovate and transform through the use of Google Cloud. We have extensive expertise in Google Cloud technologies, and deliver our magic through Data and AI, as well as modernisation of applications and workspaces.
We are on a journey to becoming the most innovative partner in the Google ecosystem, so this is the right time for you to join a smart and friendly team, but with great ambition to succeed. We celebrate diversity, nurture talent from within and do the right thing for our customers.
What will your role be?
As a member of Ancoris’ Software Development team, you will be involved at all stages of our exciting Saas and mobile solution projects. From existing projects to greenfield initiatives, you will work as part of a highly capable development team committed to delighting the customer through the timely delivery of modern, high quality software.
What will you be doing?
- Working within an Agile development team, you will create and deliver software for moden SaaS and mobile solutions.
- Regularly interact with our customers by way of planning sessions, demos etc.
- Supporting our software products in life by way of responding to issues raised on production systems as required
- Contributing to our high performance team culture through active participation in retrospectives and regular collaboration with team members.
- Learning about emerging technologies within the Google Cloud space and applying these appropriately to solve customer problems
This may be you:
- Pragmatic, with the ability to compromise as and when business and technical needs compete
- An agile mindset - a genuine belief in iterative development over more traditional approaches such as big upfront design
- An understanding that software development is a “team sport” with the desire to work in a truly cross-functional environment
- An appreciation of contemporary development processes such as Scrum/Kanban and an understanding that these processes require high engagement in order to be effective
- Belief in clean code principles such as DRY and SOLID. An understanding of emergent and intentional paradigms for software architecture and the ability to determine which to apply based on context
- Familiar and comfortable with best practises for software quality such as test driven development, unit testing, continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with different programming languages and technology stacks. Currently, we use Python extensively for back-end development and React forms a core part of our web applications
- Experience with non relational databases
There are many roads leading up to being a Software Engineer. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we offer you:
- You will be a part of a skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Flexible working with a healthy work life balance.
- Our people come first. That’s why you’ll have access to private medical insurance, employee assistance programmes, group life assurance, income protection and access to a market leading benefits platform.
- Learning & development. We will support you in your growth journey and cover the costs of your role-based certifications.
- We have first hand experience that diversity encourages creativity and innovation and makes us better placed to understand a wider range of customers' needs. This means that whatever your background, you won’t find a more welcoming place to work.
- We have family friendly policies and encourage a work-life balance, including part-time and flexible working options in roles which permit it.
What we stand for
We embrace our age, gender and culturally diverse workforce and value the wealth of possibilities this opens up. We believe it encourages creativity and innovation and makes us better placed to understand a wider range of customers and their needs.
Our customers’ challenges inspire us to discover agile, ground-breaking ways to dramatically help improve the way they work enabling them to drive their business forward.
Trusted to deliver
Our reputation is based on experience and delivery, but we never forget that trust has to be earned. So we engage openly, listen, act with professional integrity and guide clients to make the right decisions that work for their business, not ours.
Our customers, and their long term success, are what drive us relentlessly forward. We are not satisfied with anything less than exceeding their expectations.