🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open's Product team is responsible for creating a gifting platform that’s beautiful, fast and easy to use. We design the UIs & the flow, write the texts & the help and problem-solve client issues so that everything works together. We collaborate widely to make the experience of giving, and receiving, a gift even more joyous. And we work hard to ensure that our unique product takes care of the tricky things — like worldwide logistics and gifting from multiple sources — so that our clients don’t have to. It makes for a lot of fun.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Product Manager to work with stakeholders across the business and coordinate the creation of exciting new features for our global gifting platform. This role works alongside all teams and reports to our CTO.
What You’ll Do
- Engage. Our product team brings together engineers, UX designers and writers to craft beautiful, fun and powerful software. You’ll work closely with engineering, design, and business leadership to refine our product vision and strategy across your product areas
- Plan accordingly. Succeeding in this role will require skilfully balancing the shorter-term needs of our customers with the longer-term vision of our product roadmap. You’ll be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment.
- Align designs. Define new products and features with a range of complementary materials like written specs and requirements, user stories, wireframes, and product flows. Be able to explain both the ‘why’ and the ‘how’.
- Know your customer. Understand the needs of our customers and be their advocate so we stay focused on building user-focused, high-quality products. Become an expert on our product, market and competitors.
- Surprise and delight. Get the balance right between designing features with the lightness of consumer software but also the robustness required in enterprise.
- Focus on growth. You’ll be driving elements of our self-serve sign-up and gift marketplace initiatives, two key sales channels for this year
- Measure impact. Define key metrics for success and analyse the user impact of product features. Use controlled experiments and user testing to assess product effectiveness
What You’ll Need
- Product management or product owner experience.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, like designers, marketers and project managers.
- Track record of successfully launching and growing software products and services, and building long-term product value.
- A self-starter attitude: you should thrive and be able to create your own structure in a fluid work environment.
- Focus on getting the interactions and details right, but know how to ship regularly too.
- Analytically-driven and highly metrics-oriented. You have strong quantitative and problem-solving skills; high attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise and compelling descriptions of problems and solutions. Effectively secure sign-off with key stakeholders.
- An amazing collaborator who can work with people to solve the right problems at the right time and convincingly build consensus and alignment.
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.