🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open’s Finance Team is growing. We care about the numbers and are driven by curiosity. We love uncovering useful insights for strategic data-driven decisions which will fuel our rapidly growing business. From accounting and compliance to forecasting and analysis, we proactively support every team within the business and play a key role in achieving our mission.
About the role
We’re seeking a Finance Assistant to take a hands-on approach to our accounts receivable flow, implementing new processes and rethinking old ones. This role interacts with various teams across the business and reports directly to our Finance Manager.
What you’ll do
- Manage our accounts receivable. &Open’s Order to Cash (O2C) cycle will be your primary, day-to-day responsibility. Always ensure our clients are billed, cash is collected and revenues are recognised correctly. Run monthly invoicing, credit control, cash management and assisting with month-end.
- Analyse and interpret. Determine potential solutions by presenting insights on invoices, credit notes and more to our internal customers and during monthly reporting. Recognise the importance of the O2C process as it touches multiple aspects of the business.
- Leave things better than you found them. Identify blockages and teasing-out solutions with the rest of the team in order to continue improving upon our existing O2C process.
- Assist with client onboarding. Feed into the client onboarding process alongside our Customer Success and Sales teams.
- The fun stuff. Help the rest of the Finance team finalise special projects and initiatives that arise as a result of our company growth.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years experience in O2C cycle, including income accrual and deferral decisions
- High level of attention to detail
- Solution-orientated mindset
- Demonstrated success working on a deadline-driven team
- Acute awareness of every interaction, internally and externally; ability to successfully represent the brand and maintain positive, proactive relationships
What would be major pluses
- Accounting technician qualification/partially-qualified accountant
- Prior experience with accounting systems (we currently use Xero)
- Proficient experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office (particularly Spreadsheets)
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.