🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open's Product team is responsible for creating a gifting platform that’s beautiful, fast and easy to use. We design the UIs & the flow, write the texts & the help and problem-solve client issues so that everything works together. We collaborate widely to make the experience of giving, and receiving, a gift even more joyous. And we work hard to ensure that our unique product takes care of the tricky things — like worldwide logistics and gifting from multiple sources — so that our clients don’t have to. It makes for a lot of fun.
About the role
We’re seeking a Product Design Manager to help lead a team of creatives in designing the world’s first happiness platform. This role works alongside all teams and reports to our CTO.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally. Both with Engineers and Product Managers, defining the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our upcoming initiatives.
- Know your strengths. Focus on what you do best — whether it’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs or code — and know that you’ll also have the opportunity to sharpen skills you’re looking to develop.
- Confidently proceed. Take on both broadly-defined, loose concepts and narrowly-defined, tactical deliverables with ease.
- Develop and expand. Help evolve our product design systems alongside fellow designers.
- Conduct research. Partner closely with our user research team, helping drive and support various UX research projects.
- Collaborate. Participate in group reviews and share your work regularly with Design and Senior Leadership teams.
- Understand product development. Know what shaping a product takes when it comes to technical constraints, user goals and business requirements.
- Workshop. Structure and facilitate ideation sessions for emerging product categories.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech and/or product-driven company
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating strong product and visual design sensibilities
- Experience creating concepts, customer journeys, specifying interaction details and prototyping internally and with users
- The ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power and ease of use
- Expertise in either UI, UX or visual design (but skilled in multiple product design disciplines)
- An affinity for working with other designers to help them, and yourself, learn and grow
- The ability to articulately explain your work, process and decisions to various stakeholders
- A craving for feedback to help you produce your best work
- The ability to prototype experiences as well as gauge the appropriate fidelity for the objective at hand
- A detail-oriented mindset with an excitement to continue pushing your work until pixel perfection
- Uncompromising focus to set and achieve priorities, striking a balance between benefiting the project, the Design team and all of &Open
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.