🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open's Product team is growing. We’re responsible for creating a gifting platform that’s beautiful, fast and easy to use. We design the UIs & the flow, write the texts & the help and problem-solve client issues so that everything works together. We collaborate widely to make the experience of giving, and receiving, a gift even more joyous. And we work hard to ensure that our unique product takes care of the tricky things — like worldwide logistics and gifting from multiple sources — so that our clients don’t have to. It makes for a lot of fun.
About the role
We’re seeking a Senior UX Designer who will translate user user insights into experiences. You’ll create both functional and appealing beautiful features that will address our customer's needs. This role works alongside all teams and reports to our Product Design Manager.
What you’ll do
- Execute end-to-end design efforts across all our platforms, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Include a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse talent and knowledge in the office to elevate your work and the product.
- Utilize a wide gamut of methodologies to effectively communicate product and designs ideas.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high quality execution.
- Research other offerings in the digital subscription and health space to best understand industry trends.
- Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity.
What you’ll need
- Demonstrated success, experienced with 5+ years in interface and user experience design at a consumer internet company.
- You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward thinking with approachability.
- Must have experience with Sketch, Sketch Libraries, and Invision, and an interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
- Proven understanding and experience with user research, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services.
- Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems.
- Experienced in conducting customer research and usability sessions.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
- Excited and knowledgeable about the technical capacities and differences between Web, iOS, and Android.
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.