🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open’s Finance Team is growing. We care about the numbers and are driven by curiosity. We love uncovering useful insights for strategic data-driven decisions which will fuel our rapidly growing business. From accounting and compliance to forecasting and analysis, we proactively support every team within the business and play a key role in achieving our mission.
About the role
We’re seeking a Commercial Finance Accountant to support our planning, forecasting, modeling and decision making. This role will act as an active partner to all teams across the business and report directly to our Head of Finance.
What you’ll do
- Financial modeling. Prepare detailed financial models to support final decision making. Conduct complex data analysis and detailed research that results in informed recommendations for our teams and leaders.
- Keep us on track. Track and interpret key metrics. Use found insights to provide key takeaways and help us achieve business objectives in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Get involved. Work closely with our Sales and Account Management teams to evaluate the financial impact of new business opportunities.
- Prepare for the future. Assist the Head of Finance with preparing budgets and forecasts and managing cash flow.
- Innovate. Identify and lead initiatives to improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools and processes.
- Get involved. We’re growing (fast), so expect to both participate and spearhead exciting projects and other ad hoc initiatives.
What you’ll need
- Accountant qualification
- 3-5+ years experience working in a fast-paced Finance role
- Experience in a startup, preferably in the tech/software industry, is a plus
- Strong commercial awareness and business understanding
- Experienced in challenging the status quo and the phrase “this is how it’s always been done”
- Excellent computer and IT skills, and well-versed with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to distill large amounts of data and translate analysis into compelling presentations
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work against deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.