🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our platform sends digital, physical and cause gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, Reebok and more
📈 Join our growing team
About the team
&Open’s Engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of software engineers, UI designers and technical architects, with specialities in security and DevOps processes. Together, our task is to build our online platforms, which handle thousands of customer interactions a day, with sophisticated interactivity on the frontend, and robust processing and integrations on the backend. We use modern tooling to develop refined and reliable code.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Quality Engineer to help us continue to deliver quality in our exciting new products in online commerce, digital payments and communications. We’re seeking a self-starter, who strives to continually improve and work smarter.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work closely with our product delivery teams, helping them to deliver quality software
- Estimating, prioritising, planning and coordinating quality testing activities Reviewing and analysing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents.
- Designing and implementing software testing processes.
- Developing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and automated tests.
- Clearly documenting and communicating test results for the software development team.
- Checking for consistency across devices, browsers, and operating systems.
- Review test cases and coverage from the development team and provide feedback.
- Tracking quality metrics and reporting clearly and effectively on these.
What you’ll need
- Deep understanding of software quality methodologies, tools, and processes.
- An exceptional eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Good oral and written communication skills and stakeholder management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, and SQL and a proven track record of writing exceptional automated tests.
- Good understanding of software systems, web technologies, APIs, and browsers Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- A willingness and desire to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- First-class experience with automated testing tools and API testing tools and overall quality management tools for tracking defects and test reports.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years working as a Quality Engineer in a modern environment.
- Direct experience with Ruby & Rails, NodeJS and React.js
- Capybara/Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress, Browserstack, Litmus
- Previous experience with modern API testing tools such as Postman, ReadAPI, or Katalon
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Strong programming skills are always a plus
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.