We are looking for a Senior Test engineer with automation experience to join our growing team. The role will be to build and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks for a variety of projects working with senior team members to ensure product quality and test coverage. You will also mentor less experienced team members and help them further develop their skills.
We are looking for a team player, who can demonstrate an understanding of automation frameworks, toolsets and reporting to ensure timely delivery of projects. Experience of working in an Agile environment and able to demonstrate knowledge of how testing fits into delivery.
What you’ll do
- Translate technical requirements into test scenarios
- Refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience using version control systems including GIT, Bitbucket or similar
- Develop Integration tests using tools such as postman
- Set up and distribute automated reporting
- Report progress and issues to the project test lead
- Ensure test approaches are defined and followed
- Report defects using the defect management tool.
- Creating and reviewing test documentation
- Review test code written by other team members
- Identify areas for improvement and work with the wider test team to implement them.
What we need
- Be able to make significant contribution to automated test approaches and strategies
- Candidate has extensive experience using BDD tools such as Cucumber
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of BDD and TDD
- Experience of reviewing code for all levels of testing
What makes an ideal candidate
- Experience of using other programming or scripting languages (C#, Python)
- Demonstrate that they can plan and manage the workload for themselves and other team members
- Confident raising issues to project teams and line manager
- Confident reporting test progress and coverage and able to explain results
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies and implement them on projects when beneficial
- Good understanding of the test analyst role or experience manual testing
- Experience of Load testing principles and tools such as Jmeter
- Experience using XCUITest or Espresso
- Contribute to the set up test infrastructure and tooling
Why work for Apadmi
- We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
- Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
- Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
- To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
- We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community.