Based in the heart of Salford Quays, Apadmi creates technology to keep leading organisations and their customers moving forward. We do that by creating digital products which solve complex problems and deliver enriching experiences for people on the move across mobile, web and digital platforms.
Apadmi’s team of over 200 in-house experts work with our clients to define their digital vision, design and engineer transformational products. Our work helps to solve business challenges for the likes of Domino’s Pizza, Co-op, NHS, Chetwood, BBC, SailGP, Wattbike and Chelsea Football Club. Apadmi, technology that moves.
As our Solutions Architect, you’ll lead the high-level cloud system architecture design for a broad range of projects across our global portfolio of clients. This is a brand new role for Apadmi and you will have the opportunity to shape and drive the best way we design the technical architecture for our clients.
You will be a natural leader with exceptional communication skills who is able to utilise subject matter experts to facilitate design sessions that bring solutions forward. You will have a truly consultative approach with a positive outlook and a problem solver at heart.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work closely with our global clients across various industries to understand their requirements and design solutions using cloud-native technologies. Your designs will balance technical and business vision
- You’ll work with our team and our clients to make fundamental architectural decisions - ensuring that the technical foundations are set in such a way as to support the immediate and longer-term goals of the client
- You’ll be responsible for the creation and updating of key technical documentation. Communication of these designs and the impact of changes made is key when handing over to product teams
- You’ll be expected to keep up to date with new services and innovations coming from our key cloud partners, understanding how and where they should be applied, and championing them only where appropriate
- You’ll collaborate with Apadmi’s cross-functional teams, including developers, operations, design, product and project managers, to help ensure successful delivery and maintenance of solutions
- You may also be involved in pre-sales activities, including estimations, total cost of ownership, requirement elicitation through good consultation practices. Your attitude will exude “Yes, if” over “No”
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for the following:
- You will be a Certified Solution Architect in at least one major cloud provider (including at least one of AWS or Azure)
- You’ll have proven, demonstrable knowledge of multiple modern architectural patterns and the ability to clearly articulate the pros and cons of each
- You’ll be able to identify a specific solution’s risks and develop documented mitigation strategies to manage these
- You’ll have proven experience in providing detailed specifications that will support accurate estimations from bid teams
- You’ll have deep knowledge of system security designs
- You’ll have experience with developing roadmaps against requirements and designs for short, medium and long term ambitions
- You’ll be equally comfortable working at any stage of the SDLC supporting projects from pre sales opportunities, through to fully delivered solutions
We have a collaborative community which offers a range of opportunities and rewards for our people, as well as excellent career development through our Apadmi Academy.
We also trust our people to work in a way that supports their productivity, so we can offer a hybrid way of working which you are in control of. If it’s good for you, then it’s good for us, so let’s chat about what works during the interview process.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.