Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- But autonomous selling is just the beginning. Arena knows that Autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
How you will contribute:
As a Machine Learning Scientist at Arena, your responsibilities will include developing ML systems that power closed loop automated decision making for large enterprises. Our technology encompasses large transformer based models that feed multi-modal data in addition to Reinforcement learning based smart exploration/exploitation systems. Your work will span the spectrum from quick exploratory/experimental models to scaled, production processes. Your work may start from simple models, but the ultimate goal is to push the boundaries of what is scientifically and technically possible, and share those advances with the greater scientific community via publication and/or open source.
- Working full time in our office in NYC
- Model training, deployment and maintenance experience in a production environment
- Strong skills in deep learning and related frameworks (ie. Pytorch, Tensorflow, DeepSpeed, Ray, Pytorch Lightning)
- Experience in dealing with high performance, large scale ML systems
- Strong high-level programming skills and passionate about good engineering, clean code, scalability
- Deep passion for AI and building machine learning systems
- Interested in the full ML stack from initial R&D through deploying models into production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to operate in a cross functional team environment
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with active learning, reinforcement learning, causal inference and/or online learning approaches
- Expertise in experimental design and Bayesian uncertainty estimation
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch every day from local restaurants via Sharebite
- Laptop and monitor provided
The base salary range for this position is $135,000 - $200,000 yr. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.