Who we are:
- Our name is inspired by Theodore Roosevelt’s ‘Citizenship in a Republic’ speech, which pays homage to the ‘(hu)man in the Arena’. To us, entering the Arena means committing oneself fully and accepting the risk of failure in the pursuit of an audacious, worthy cause.
- We’re a close-knit tribe of scientists and builders exploring the boundaries of how artificial intelligence can benefit humanity. If you share our passion for delving deep into real-world problems and solving them with fully autonomous AI, join us in the Arena.
What we do:
- Arena empowers businesses across industries to make high frequency, critical path decisions fully autonomous. Our products have helped some of the world’s largest CPG and manufacturing companies transform their sales and supply chains into increasingly autonomous, self-learning systems — unlocking efficiencies and resulting in better, more affordable consumer experiences.
- Arena knows that autonomy can help organizations tackle much more, from delivering critical goods and services more affordably, sustainably, and equitably to the world, to reducing green premiums on renewable energy to compete more effectively with fossil fuels.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer, you will play a pivotal role working with a diverse team of engineers and scientists with different backgrounds and areas of expertise. We believe that the real potential of AI will be achieved through the right interfaces, properly set data layers, and fast development cycles. Our software engineers achieve these goals by mentoring and leading developers, fostering curiosity and deep technical understanding.
How you will contribute:
- Lead Development: As a software engineer, you will spearhead the development of the next generation of machine learning software. Your expertise will drive innovation in three main areas: Core Intelligence-ML Modeling, Telemetry-Impact & Algorithmic Health, and AI interfaces. You will oversee and contribute to building out functionalities in all three domains.
- Architect and Scale Complex Systems: Leverage your strong intuition and engineering acumen to architect, build, and scale sophisticated systems that power our active learning platform. Your experience in designing robust and efficient solutions will be vital in pushing the boundaries of what AI can achieve.
- Collaborate with Cross-functional Teams: Work closely with Product Designers, ML Scientists, and external stakeholders to deliver user-facing products that delight our customers. Your ability to translate user requirements into well-designed solutions will be crucial in shaping the future of AI-powered applications.
- Work with our fully in-office team at 35 E 21st Street
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience post-grad
- Experience owning the development of complex systems from end to end
- Passion for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Demonstrated a deep interest and enthusiasm for the field, stayed up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends.
- Strong Coding Skills: Exhibit a proven ability to write clean and efficient code that adheres to best practices.
- Solid Computer Science Fundamentals: Possess a strong foundation in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving, enabling you to tackle complex challenges with ease.
- Experience with Complex Systems: Showcase a track record of successfully architecting, building, and scaling complex systems, preferably in the realm of AI or machine learning.
- User Focus: Display a strong user-centric approach and the ability to translate user requirements into practical design solutions.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery: Familiarity with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) practices to ensure efficient development and deployment workflows.
- 99% of the monthly premium for Aetna medical insurance, plus vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch every day from local restaurants via Sharebite
- Laptop and monitor provided
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $225,000 yr. However, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base salary, we also offer competitive equity and benefits packages.