At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
Our SDK is the library that runs in the browser, enabling dapp developers to integrate with the Aztec network. It’s a complex piece of software that uses a lot of deep browser technology for state management and proof construction parallelisation. It’s resource heavy, both in terms of memory, and cpu usage. It will need careful attention to ensure it can handle a network processing many thousands of transactions per day. We’re looking for engineers with specific deep browser experience to:
- Improve the performance of the SDK, be it by reducing network data transmission for synchronisation, internal scheduling of jobs over workers, reduction in memory footprint etc.
- Ensure the SDK can run is many browser environments as possible, including on mobile, where resources are even further constrained.
- Investigate / implement ECC scalar multiplication code on GPU’s via WebGL or equivalent, if possible.
- Paying very close attention to the API to ensure a simple developer experience. Documenting where necessary.
- Extending the SDK to support new features, such as new signature schemes, atomic transactions for trading, and more.
- Building an Ethereum RPC adapter to enable certain transactions to take place with a drop-in replacement Ethereum provider.
- Integrate our next generation smart contract language compiler Noir into the SDK to enable arbitrary proof construction.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Typescript experience.
- Deep browser tech experience e.g indexedDB, WebGL, Web/SharedWorkers, WebAssembly, etc.
- Demonstrable experience pushing the limits of the browser and optimising accordingly.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team