At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
A key goal of Aztec over the coming year is to meaningfully decentralise the network. Achieving this will require a multi-disciplinary approach that will cover our entire tech stack. One area of particular attention is the networking layer. We’re looking for engineers with specific network protocol experience to:
- Focus on development of Aztec’s networking layer.
- Decentralise the transaction pool, by implementing a p2p network protocol.
- Ensure rapid propagation of transactions through the network.
- Reducing data transmission overhead in all parts of stack.
- Hook directly into L1 devp2p protocol for advanced L2 synching.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Typescript experience.
- Solid understanding of internet networking protocols.
- Basic understanding of at least one p2p protocol.
- Experience writing networking code in a production environment.
- Development experience with Ethereum.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team