At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
At Aztec we’re building a next generation smart contract language called Noir that will enable developers to easily create a new class of private smart contracts. Ultimately this language will be used with our next generation Aztec3 architecture. In the meantime we want to start development of an IDE in the browser that can act as the first step towards this goal. We’re looking for engineers to work across both the frontend, and our SDK to:
- Investigate extending Remix with a plugin to support Noir, or…
- Modify VSCode in-the-browser to limit to a subset of features, and extend to allow the writing of Noir contracts.
- Extend to allow the compilation of Noir code to a smart contract that deploys to Ethereum.
- Extend to allow interacting with the smart contract by collecting inputs and generating proofs to be sent to the contract.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Typescript experience.
- Demonstrable experience in building advanced browser tooling or similar that would be applicable to this role.
- Development experience with Ethereum.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team