At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enable use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerate mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
The Aztec system is a complex combination of several moving parts, developed with multiple technologies, deployed on Amazon AWS using Terraform. We're looking for a full stack engineer with dev ops experience to:
- Help maintain the development mainframe our engineers depend on.
- Help maintain our Ethereum mainnet and testnet nodes.
- Build a "one line" system that can completely bootstrap our entire infrastructure from scratch from recent machine snapshots.
- Build a similar "one line" system for new rollup providers to easily deploy the system in AWS, and potentially other cloud providers of their choice.
- Build a new CI orchestration system, leveraging our existing build engine to improve build times, and remove CircleCI dependencies.
- Improve system monitoring and dashboards.
- Set up alerting to alert engineers to system anomalies.
- Educate other engineers in how all the above works, so we can maintain and evolve as a team.
We want full stack engineers that enjoy working across all parts of the system. Although focus will initially be on the above, there is plenty of opportunity to work on other parts of the system as the role evolves.
- 2+ DevOps experience.
- 2+ years TypeScript.
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible with remote working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An opportunity to work with a world class cryptography and engineering team
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and fintech