At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including A16z, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
We're looking for entrepreneurial thinkers that are interested in tackling new problems working across the entire codebase to:
- Understand the full system architecture end to end
- Prioritize and document technical debt and un-necessary complexity within the system
- Implement solutions and improvements for key stakeholders
- Refactor code, improving readability, documentation, maintainability and unit testing
- Influence and enhance current engineering bar
- Ensure we're using the most up-to-date tooling and development workflows for maximum developer efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field
- 3+ years solid engineering experience in web3 / blockchain
- Strong knowledge of Merkle Trees and how they work
- Fluent in Typescript (3+ years experience)
- Full stack capable, but with a focus on backend architecture, development and deployment at scale
- Able to provide clear and constructive feedback on less senior engineers’ PR’s, mentoring where necessary
- C++ and Solidity experience a bonus
- Located in the New York City area or can work in Eastern Time zone
- Familiarity with current Ethereum tooling (for inspiration)
- Passion for the web3 space
- Familiarity with other private blockchain technologies like ZCash
- Knowledge of peer-to-peer decentralized networking tools
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team