Babylon are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Independent Prescribing Pharmacist to provide excellent clinical service in our face-to-face clinic in Fulham. There is a wonderful team of multidisciplinary staff (which includes reception staff, Nurses, HCAS, and GPs) at this site and we welcome the opportunity to further broaden our clinic family.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our partner practice, Dr Jefferies and Partners where you will be seeing their registered patients (https://www.drjefferiesandpartners.co.uk).
Our clinicians are our most valuable resource and so we have a fantastic package available to our Pharmacists.
We are looking for a Pharmacist to cover Wednesdays remotely 08:00am-17:00pm
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- The successful candidate for this position will be provided full Primary Care training by the current senior pharmacist and will be expected to achieved the following during the role
- To see patients face to face and telephone consultation for medication review, minor illnesses and chronic disease in addition to the below:
- Act as a part of call for all medicines related issues within practice and contribute pharmaceutical expertise to clinical decisions
- To support new ways of working and workflow redesign to successfully embed pharmacists within general practice
- Provide professional specialist medicines management advice to GPs, practice nurses, community pharmacists, community nurses and other health professionals to promote the safe, effective, and high quality, cost effective use of medicines in all prescribing decisions.
- To identify, develop and promote quality improvements in medicines management across community pharmacy & GP practices ensuring that best practice is adopted
- To ensure that prescriptions are up-to-date, revised and changed according need patient needs or changing condition acting promptly on requests from outside agencies
- To carry out prescribing audits as required
- Attend and participate in any Practice meetings
- At all times there will be a need to maintain accurate computerised records
- Communicating effectively with patients and carers, and recognising their needs for alternative methods of communication
- To adhere to all practice policies procedures and guidelines
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Independent prescribing qualification.
- At least 1 year experience in Primary Care
- Experience in minor illness, diagnosis, prescribing and referrals in a GP settings
WHAT WE OFFER
- 33 days annual leave pro rated
- Full indemnity cover
- 5% employer pension contribution for 5% employee contribution
- Life Insurance 4x annual base salary
- Free Babylon subscription for Babylon services
- Private Medical Insurance for you (and your family)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eye care voucher reimbursement (up to £20)
- Participation in Babylon’s refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay.
- Health & Wellbeing resources
- Up to £80 towards noise cancelling headphones