Babylon has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Nurse to join our growing nursing team of exceptional ANPs, Practice Nurses and HCAs working as a part of the UK's largest NHS GP Practice.
This role is integral to ensuring that the practice provides an outstanding level of nursing care relevant to the practice population. This role is an opportunity to work in an innovative NHS Primary Care setting, with exposure to all of our state of the art clinics across Central London. As well as enjoy the many benefits that we have to offer.
We are dedicated to providing continual learning and development opportunities for every member of the team, we are looking for outstanding nurses who are passionate about delivering the highest quality nursing care.
This is a unique opportunity for a Practice Nurse to work full time covering the core hours Monday - Friday 09:00-18:00, across any of our London Clinic locations. Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to attend any of the 5 London clinics to cover annual leave, sickness or gaps in the rota. During a time when no clinic cover is required, the role will be based within a clinic in the administrative area and support will be provided to the nursing team with their wider responsibilities.
- We are looking for a full time Practice Nurse (Monday - Friday 09:00-18:00) to work across all our clinics in London - Euston, Canary Wharf, Victoria, Raynes Park and Lillie Road. .
- The role has been established to ensure patient care offered by the nursing team is not impacted by the team's annual leave and sickness.
- The successful person would be expected to work across all the London sites, as per the needs of the business.
- The successful person will be a part of the nursing team and expected to contribute to administrative management of patients, through audits, QOF support, filling of smear reports and answering clinical queries.
- The role will enable the successful applicant to understand how our different clinics operate and help identify opportunities for improvement
- The successful person would work closely with our Lead Nurse and Director of Nursing to develop areas of best practice whilst working on the ground too.
- As well as the main company benefits this role involves travelling around London to different sites so a zone 1-4 travelcard monthly cost will be covered as part of the package
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- To ensure Practice Nurse clinics are covered across the London clinics as per the needs of the business.
- To facilitate the care of practice patients to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
- To act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to practice level local and national guidelines, policies and protocols.
- To maintain a safe and effective level of practice and to bring any deficits in training and education to the nursing team lead so that these can be addressed.
- Work as an effective team member.
- To provide continuing care to patients across the whole practice population
- To provide health maintenance and health promotion services for patients to explore their health needs.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, carers, relatives and members of the multidisciplinary team ensuring information is shared appropriately and confidentially so patient needs are met in accordance with NHS directives and safeguarding policies (DH 2003; DH 2010)
- Protect and maintain patient records to the agreed Practice standard and in accordance with professional record keeping standards (NMC 2009)
- Administer medicines in accordance with a non-medical prescribing framework, patient specific direction or patient group direction in accordance with the standards for medicine management (NMC 2007)
- Organise, manage and prioritise own workload ensuring care of patients is paramount
- Develop the role by using evidence-based practice and continuously improving your own knowledge as defined by the NMC and revalidation guidelines.
- Chronic disease management: Respiratory Disease (Asthma/COPD), Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease
- Assist in/perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by Nurse Manager and GPs
- women's health
- Wound care
- Travel health
- Removal of sutures
- New patient medicals / Urinalysis
- Hypertension management
- Ear syringing
- Routine immunisations / childhood immunisations
- Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
- Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
- Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to Nurse Manager or GPs as appropriate
- If appropriate, prescribe medicines in accordance with the NMC Standards for Medicines Management (2007), the NMC Code of Professional Standards (2015) and the Nurse Prescribing Implementation Plan (1998).
- Facilitate learning and support students of any discipline undertaking a work placement within the practice.
Other tasks include:
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment in line with infection control policy.
- Ensure clinic rooms are adequately maintained including stocking and rotating items as required.
- Ordering of vaccinations to ensure adequate stock levels.
- A duty to advise the management team if you are allocated a task that is outside of your scope of practice.
- Attend and participate in any practice meetings when required
- Undertake administrative nursing duties as directed by senior / lead nurse, such as filling of smear results, completing mandatory audits.
- Any other delegated duties appropriate to the role by senior/lead nurse.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration
- GPN qualification
- Qualifications/signed competencies in the activities listed above and a willingness to work towards any not yet obtained
- Prior experience with NHS Primary Care Contracts
- Prior experience in project management.
- Prior experience in Education and Training
- Prior experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Prior experience in Digital Health
WHAT WE OFFER
- 27 days annual leave
- 5% employer pension contribution for 5% employee contribution
- Life Insurance 4x annual base salary
- Free Babylon subscription for Babylon services
- Private Medical Insurance for you (and your family)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eye care voucher reimbursement (up to £20)
- Participation in Babylon’s refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay.
- Health & Wellbeing resources
- Up to £80 towards noise cancelling headphones