Who is BEAUTY PIE? We’re the first-ever buyer’s club for beauty product lovers. We’re a team of beauty-product obsessives who have worked in the cosmetics and wellness industries for eons. And we’ve figured out that the way the old beauty industry works, is a bit of a rip-off. At BEAUTY PIE, our mission is to make our customer feel like a kid in a candy store. To bring them the fairy tale. To deliver the absolute best in beauty nonstop, at prices so amazing, even a splurge is a steal.
Now, unlike a lot of start-ups, our business model is solid. And the best part? We save our customers a bundle. In fact, the products (and the prices) we deliver are so good, we believe we’re about to take over the premium beauty business. How? By getting our members a way bigger piece of the BEAUTY PIE.
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We'll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
Our Values. Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js and React, GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on AWS.
Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.
You're a Senior Engineer who wants to build high-quality user-centric applications with experience of shipping code at high cadence (use of cosmetics: optional). You're very confident with our technology and modern web development practices.
Motivated by building great products that solve real problems, whether it’s improving our customers’ experience, enabling our own team through great tooling or improving website conversion metrics. You care about the quality of the work you produce, aiming to make it stable, maintainable and easy to work with for the rest of the Beauty Pie Team.
Keen to work collaboratively, communicate potentially complicated and technical concepts in ways that make it easy for other disciplines to understand. In the areas you don’t have much prior experience, you’re excited by the prospect of getting stuck in and learning something new.
- Join one of our cross-functional teams to build user experiences for growth + marketing
- Play an active role in our code review process, reviewing code from across the team as well as making it easy for others to review the code you write
- Contribute to discovery, ideation and research alongside designers, engineers in order to identify, prioritise and solve problems iteratively.
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgment to make autonomous decisions.
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team – be it through pairing, a talk or external speaking opportunity.
We'd love it if you have:
- Demonstrable experience developing applications for the web
- Experience using Node.js, TypeScript, Terraform and cloud based services and technologies
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and testing automation
- Experience with version control (ideally Git & GitHub)
There’s a market leading package of benefits:
- Free Membership to Beauty Pie
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- You will receive a piece of the pie with Share Options
- 25 days holiday plus one Revival day
- No probationary period
- Team events and social evenings organised by our fantastic social committee from the comfort of your home
- Flexible working with an allowance to set up your home office
More About Technology
All our clients sit on GraphQL to provide a clean abstraction from all the underlying headless services, some we’ll buy off the shelf and others we’ll be building ourselves. Under the hood, we deliver the majority of our world on AWS through an event based architecture (built with Terraform). Specifically we use a mixture of serverless/Lambda and ECS Fargate to run our backend services. But like the code we write, we’re always experimenting with new technologies and tools that align to our business needs.
It’s not all about the languages and tools we use. Continuously delivering business value through rapid delivery, learning and adapting is our mantra. We use the latest modern software delivery processes with an ambition to automate everything. Build, deploy, test, ship, monitor and alert, all fully automated, so we can focus on building an awesome experience for our customers and back office business.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know, if you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.