Beauty Pie is disrupting the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty and wellness buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups. Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique!
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We'll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
A bit about our Technology: We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js and React, GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on cloud services including AWS, GCP and Vercel. Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our team. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Own a segment of business reporting at Beauty Pie. Design the reports, build the data models, ensure they are properly tested and robust and share them.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, NPD, Strategy & Commercial, Operations, Product Engineering and Merchandising teams to ensure that each team has the information they need to make the best possible decisions.
- Work with external data vendors to ensure our data is accurate, consistent and useful.
- Provide ad hoc and ongoing reporting to drive decision-making for revenue growth, member retention and any other key metrics.
- Run and analyse ongoing A/B tests in support of various business functions.
- Build and maintain dashboards and metrics in Tableau for self-service by stakeholders within the business
We believe it's all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. If you’re aligned to our values, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway! *
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field (such as economics, mathematics, engineering, finance etc.)
- Prior experience in a data analyst role, experience in a high growth ecommerce business would be a significant advantage.
- Ability to establish credibility with senior leaders and functional experts.
- Desire to be immersed in business functions, understanding the various components of business process success and/or failure.
- Problem solving skills, a highly analytical and commercial mindset
- BI experience: SQL (Snowflake or similar) and Tableau (or similar BI tool).
- Experience with analytics engineering, including DBT (or similar ELT tools),
- Experience with web tracking, especially Google Tag Manager.
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
All our clients sit on GraphQL to provide a clean abstraction from all the underlying headless services, some we’ll buy off the shelf and others we’ll be building ourselves. Again, we haven’t decided what tech to use for this yet, one step at a time. We host the majority of our world on AWS, built with Terraform, but like the code we write, we’re always experimenting with new technologies and tools that align to our business needs.
It’s not all about the languages and tools we use. Continuously delivering business value through rapid delivery, learning and adapting is our mantra. We use the latest modern software delivery processes with an ambition to automate everything, branch, build, deploy, test, ship, watch, monitor and alert all fully automated, so we can focus on building an awesome experience for our customers and back office business.
Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
As always, there are a few perks
- Free Membership to Beauty Pie 💄
- A piece of the Pie with Share options 🥧
- Private Medical Insurance ⛑
- Contributory Pension Scheme 💰
- Life Assurance at 2 x annual salary 🙏
- Regular social events 🎯
- An allowance to set up your home office 🖥
- 25 days holiday 🏝
- Your birthday off 🎂
- Flexible bank holidays (You choose them!) ⏰
- 60 days work from anywhere worldwide 🌍
- Access to mental health support through Spill 🧠
- Learning & development opportunities and use of Udemy 🏋️♂️
Our interview process
First, you will meet the hiring manager for a 45 minute chat about all things Beauty Pie, the role and specifically the team you have applied to work with.
✨Remember, interviews are a two way thing - so use each stage as an opportunity to ask away any questions you may have for us too!
Next, you will meet another member (or two!) of the team you will be working with.
✨This will be a similar format as your first interview, where we will assess your skills and experience along with key competencies for the role.
Finally, our culture and values are our DNA, which is why every Beauty Pie member finishes our process with a light hearted culture fit interview. This is a chance for you to really get a glimpse into what it's like to work with us. Our advice for this stage? Just have fun!
✨P.S - We are remote first when it comes to interviews, so expect a Zoom link along with your meeting invitation.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know, if you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.