Beauty Pie is disrupting the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty and wellness buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups. Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique!
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We'll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
We are on the hunt for a Demand Planning guru to manage our full SKU portfolio in a shiny new planning system and lead the Beauty Pie global S&OP process. This role is all about applying best in class forecasting methodologies to create a robust demand plan. This demand plan will drive our supply chain planning process to ensure product availability for our members.
This is a pivotal role at the centre of the supply chain & operations organisation (alongside Supply Planning, Supplier Relationship Management, Quality, Logistics & Fulfilment, Systems & Master Data), with daily collaboration with NPD, Product, Marketing, Growth, Data Science, IT & Finance functions too.
You will be responsible for the following core tasks, amongst others:
- Manage a complex SKU portfolio of existing products and a constant flow of NPD & EPDs.
- Ensure that SKU master data & parameters are maintained in both NetSuite and Anaplan.
- Translate member and customer numbers into regional SKU forecasts using Anaplan
- Gather the latest market intelligence from all stakeholders (Growth, Product, Finance, Marketing, NPD)
- Work with Growth and Marketing teams to assess the impact of promotional activity on forecasts.
- Work with NPD teams to agree launch rationale and assumptions to correctly size launch volumes and determine cannibalisation effect across other SKUs/categories.
- Work with Supply Planning to ensure both NPD & EPD arrive OTIF in market and exit phase out fast.
- With the aim of facilitating planned business growth, lead a robust BP S&OP process which builds consensus across sales forecasts and financial budgets, yet considers risk and supply constraints.
- Ensure the demand signal is a reliable basis for the creation of Beauty Pie’s procurement plan.
- Pass short-term feasibility requests to Supply Planning as part of the S&OP process.
- Where forecast risks arise, develop effective mitigation plans with supply planning, SRM and business.
- As the business scales, build forecasts for new regions and markets and incorporate under S&OP.
- Agree forecast accuracy & bias targets and where deviations occur, hold the business to account to ensure KPIs are a shared responsibility and continuous improvements driven.
- Work with the supply planning team to align on inventory & service level parameters & targets.
- Where slow moving/obsolete stock risks arise, support Supply Planning by working promptly with the business and our Inventory Manager to reflect clearance plans in our forecast.
- 5+ years solid experience of demand planning excellence, demonstrated through strong KPI results.
- Strong familiarity with S&OP from a process lead or active participant perspective.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, challenging business experiencing extremely high growth.
- A deep understanding of how demand planning affects supply chain & business performance.
- Commercially astute with an understanding of FMCG, eCommerce, luxury beauty or similar.
- Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Able to demonstrate resilience when working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to build rapport and influence your varied audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and a strong sense of urgency & prioritisation.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to analyse data sets to make informed high-level decisions.
- Advanced Excel skills plus strong ERP & DP system knowledge (ideally Netsuite & Anaplan).
- Experience of challenging forecasting assumptions and influencing senior stakeholders.
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
As always, there are a few perks
- Free Membership to Beauty Pie 💄
- A piece of the Pie with Share options 🥧
- Private Medical Insurance ⛑
- Contributory Pension Scheme (UK) 401k Scheme (US) 💰
- Life Assurance at 2 x annual salary 🙏
- Regular social events 🎯
- An allowance to set up your home office 🖥
- 25 days holiday (UK) 22 days holiday (US) 🏝
- Your birthday off 🎂
- Flexible bank holidays (You choose them!) ⏰
- 60 days work from anywhere worldwide 🌍
- Access to mental health support through Spill 🧠
- Learning & development opportunities and use of Udemy 🏋️♂️
Our interview process
First, you will meet the hiring manager for a 45 minute chat about all things Beauty Pie, the role and specifically the team you have applied to work with.
✨Remember, interviews are a two way thing - so use each stage as an opportunity to ask away any questions you may have for us too!
Next, you will meet another member (or two!) of the team you will be working with.
✨This will be a similar format as your first interview, where we will assess your skills and experience along with key competencies for the role.
Finally, our culture and values are our DNA, which is why every Beauty Pie member finishes our process with a light hearted culture fit interview. This is a chance for you to really get a glimpse into what it's like to work with us. Our advice for this stage? Just have fun!
✨P.S - We are remote first when it comes to interviews, so expect a Zoom link along with your meeting invitation.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know, if you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.