What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What will you do?
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate Android/Kotlin Developer to help us in our continued mission to develop and scale BeReal to 100M+ users while prioritizing a world class user experience.
As a Android Engineer you will:
- Work cross functionally with the backend, product, design and QA/Devops teams to build advanced new features that will further increase and improve user engagement and experience for Android platforms.
- Be able to make the tradeoffs between business needs and highly-stable code while shipping fast and quality work.
- Be autonomous in leading different projects and key features' development from beginning to end, working on the challenge of reaching millions of users, dealing with load issues and iterating live.
- Proactively develop, test and innovate on new architecture changes to allow for world class mobile engineering practices and faster experimentation at scale (we moved out of ReactNative so limited legacy data).
- Make lots of mistakes, learn from those mistakes and help your team to avoid repeating them, taking the new learnings to work collaboratively to further strengthen team dynamics and overall work quality.
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, GitHub actions and ArgoCD
- Backend: Node.js (NestJS, Nx)
- Frontend: Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android)
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of significant experience in at least two consumer startups - In at least one of these experiences you must have been a solo Android/Kotlin developer (i.e.. you are comfortable bulding features autonomously).
- You are someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self starter with deep proficiency in building, improving and scaling mobile apps.
- Fluent English communication and documentation skills (our team is international).
- But most of all, you believe in the project, you are motivated and ready to join a challenging and exciting journey with us.
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone based in Europe
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time.
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business).
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us.
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy.
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off).
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work.
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you