What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 30+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual. Currently hiring for this role in the US.
As a SRE/Devops engineer you will:
- Lead massive infrastructure initiatives and automation of on-premise systems and existing processes, helping our product scale to hundreds of millions of users with a reliable system in place.
- Have experience reducing toil, improving reliability and tightening security of backend and frontend platforms while creating tools to help with weaknesses in software delivery.
- Maintain and automate our GCP infrastructure.
- Handle the deployment of the backend apis through Kubernetes and be proactive to find/use/update the best tech tools we need at BeReal.
- Be autonomous in leading different projects and in the recommendation of modifications to systems/architecture to improve efficiency, performance, tool evaluations and overall reliability.
- Have a strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure and setting standards for secure application development while improving the stability of underlying software components.
- Make lots of mistakes, learn from those mistakes and help your team to avoid repeating them, taking the new learnings to work collaboratively to further strengthen team dynamics and overall work quality.
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, GitHub actions and ArgoCD
- Backend: Node.js (NestJS, Nx)
- Frontend: Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android)
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of significant experience as a SRE on high reliability and distributed services
- Strong experience with at least 1 Cloud environment (GCP ideally) and working with Linux based infrastructures and automation tools such as Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Strong experience about observability (system, metrics or logs based), (high) performance enhancements especially for NodeJS environment
- Good knowledge about datastores: relational DBs (Postgres), in-memory caches (Redis) or even wide-column DBs (Cassandra/ScyllaDB)
- Motivated and excited about "unsolvable challenges", you don't know all the answers but are excited about solving issues that others say may be impossible.
- Highly collaborative and friendly, you care strongly about people and are a positive force on those you work with.
- You are someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent English communication and documentation skills (our team is international).
- But most of all, you believe in the project, you are motivated and ready to join a challenging and exciting journey with us.
How do we work?
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time.
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- 100% health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you