What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
Since the beginning we passed from 10K daily active users in March 2021 to 5M+ now. To help us to grow fast, we are backed by some of the best VCs.
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 25 people all around the world. You will be happy with us if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What will you do?
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate Head of Product to help us in our continued mission to develop and scale BeReal to 100M+ users while prioritizing a world class user experience.
As a Head of Product you will:
- Work hand in hand with our CEO on Product Strategy - the goals and success metrics and drive towards accomplishing them
- Be autonomous in leading different projects and key features' development from beginning to end, owning the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key initiatives.
- Get your hands dirty. You will get into the trenches to begin with as the first 'product' person in the business, you will work on getting to understand our users, our business and our team.
- Work cross functionally with engineering teams, designers and other partners to build a world class product experience for millions of users, always keeping our mission front and center.
- Establish and track key metrics/KPIs that effectively measure main goals for usage and adaptability for new features and product launches to propel our business forward.
- Make lots of mistakes, learn from those mistakes and help your team to avoid repeating them, taking the new learnings to work collaboratively to further strengthen team dynamics and overall work quality.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of significant experience as a product manager in at least two consumer startups building, scaling and managing a product team (experience in product-led growth companies is a plus).
- You are someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills with thorough knowledge of customers' needs and wants.
- Strong opinions loosely held, you have a well-informed point of view but are always interested in changing your mind when confronted by better evidence
- Insatiably curious, your mind is brimming with questions and you find joy in learning the answers
- Motivated by customer problems, you have profound empathy for customers and use them as your guiding light
- Highly collaborative, you care strongly about people and are a positive force on those you work with
- Self starter with deep proficiency in building, improving and scaling teams (ideally you've built a team from scratch to 4+ team members).
- Fluent English communication and documentation skills (our team is international).
- But most of all, you believe in the project, you are motivated and ready to join a challenging and exciting journey with us.
How do we work?
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time.
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business).
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us.
- 100% health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy.
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off).
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work.
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you