What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What you’ll do:
This will be our first hire in Machine Learning at BeReal and we are looking for someone who can take the reigns end to end, starting with being a one person team and then growing the team as we scale to 100M DAUs and beyond across the globe
- Own the full end-to-end Machine Learning lifecycle, from gathering the data, data exploration to model operationalisation and implementation. You will be the owner and need to work closely with different teams to help drive these processes forward.
- Determine which tools and platforms we need to be using to create a world class Machine Learning department to develop reusable, highly differentiating and high-performing Machine Learning systems, enable fast model development, low-latency serving and ease of model quality upkeep
- Prototype new approaches and productionalize solutions at scale for our millions of active users.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams spanning engineering (specifically backend), design, product management, to support new and current product features that advance our mission to create authentic and meaningful connections with friends.
- Be ready for anything and everything (we are still a scrappy start up) and know how to best support each issue quickly (be it yourself, outside support or relevant experts)
What you’ll bring:
- You have a strong background in machine learning, theory, and practice
- You will have owned the full chain of machine learning (from gathering to implementing) at a fast paced consumer focused business - its a plus if you put the processes and tool in place yourself
- You are experienced with building data pipelines, and you are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models
- You have experience with cloud platforms (GCP preferred)
- You will have backend knowledge (Node JS preferred) and be able to not only interface with the backend team but to also write code when needed
- You love our users even more than your code and have a product mindset
- You are a self starter, this is our first ML role, so you will be the driver to get this team up and running
- You are curious and passionate and want to help our teams understand how machine learning can transform the user experience
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are focused on someone from Europe
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- 100% health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.