What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What you’ll do:
This will be our first hire in Analytics at BeReal and we are looking for someone who can take the reigns end to end, starting with being a one person team and then growing the team as we scale to 100M DAUs and beyond across the globe
- This is our first hire in analytics and with our user focused culture this role you will be hands on digging into insights and actionable steps to make our app the best it can be
- Understand our current challenges (dig into the data) and work in tandem with our Lead Data Engineer to build dashboards to support both the leadership and wider teams
- Leverage a blend of data analysis, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving to uncover opportunities, propose solutions, and measure success in driving growth and engagement
- Work in partnership with Product/Design teams to help them leverage data as we work on current and new features
- Help build and design A/B tests where applicable
- Design and build out advanced reporting for teams
- Be ready for anything and everything (we are still a scrappy startup) and know how to best support each issue quickly (be it yourself, outside support or relevant experts)
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience working in mobile app ecosystems (B2C)- preferably at more than one scale up/start-up business
- Preferably you have been the ‘first in’ before and have experience setting up analytics within an app
- You like to approach problems logically and break down complicated problems into simpler, organized parts, but you also have a creative drive and entrepreneurial spirit that inspires you to find innovative solutions and strategies.
- You will be autonomous and a go getter - you will have experience digging into the data yourself and be able to advocate for the right tools and processes to drive this department forward whilst also having a product focused lens on your work
- You enjoy solving problems and improving processes and take initiative to do these things in periods of ambiguity and change.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are a self starter, this is our first analyst role, so you will be the driver to get this department up and running
- You are curious and passionate and want to help our teams understand how machine learning can transform the user experience
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone based in Europe
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- 100% health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.