What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual
What will you do?
We are looking for a Principle Product Designer to join our amazing Design team (2 person team today) to help us in our continued mission to develop and scale BeReal to 100M+ users while prioritising a world class user experience.
As a Principle Product Designer you will:
- Reporting directly to the CEO and working along side 2 other designers to turn conceptual ideas into impactful solutions for millions of users
- This isn't a standard design role, you will be a 'swiss knife' helping to create and iterate new ideas, supporting with product needs, digging into data and driving timelines along - if you are excited to focus on more than just pure design, this is the role for you
- Work closely with the business and engineers to oversee the user experience from conception to launch (and continuous iterations)
- We are redefining the social experience - you will be creative and help create exceptional and unique experiences that are easy and exciting to use
- Constantly challenge yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools
- Be working in a small team in a growing start up - so you will need to be flexible and comfortable working in an ever changing environment
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience working on high viability consumer apps (social is a bonus)
- Great visual design execution, but with a main focus on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Continuously push forward the quality of work, both in terms of design, overall experience, and internal processes
- You’re an outstanding communicator, storyteller, and facilitator. You bring people together and build a shared understanding, with an inspiring vision and narrative
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic
- You make well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience
- You will be deeply passionate about BeReals brand vision and values in our quest to help create authentic and meaningful experiences
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office twice a month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone either based in Europe or in the US on the East coast (or East coast hours)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe). Flexibility to travel to Europe if you are US based
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business).
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us.
- Health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy.
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off).
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work.
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you