What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What will you do?
We are looking for an exceptional QA Engineer to support the team that will empower BeReal to scale to 100M+ users.
As a QA engineer you will:
- Working with a small team of 2 other QA Engineers
- Kickstart mobile test automation and build strong coverage for our mobile apps to build the technical infrastructure and product that will empower BeReal to scale to 100M+ users
- Create automated testing for our consumer apps on iOS & Android
- Seek continuous innovation to improve our internal processes and test strategies to ensure great end-user experience.
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, GitHub actions and ArgoCD
- Backend: Node.js (NestJS, Nx)
- Frontend: Swift (iOS), Kotlin (Android)
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
What you'll bring:
- 3-5 years as a mobile manual / automation QA
- At least one experience in a fast growing startup
- Experience with building automation QA processes on a mobile app from scratch and integrating with CI (ideally, you've done it several times)
- Strong knowledge of several automation frameworks
- Outstanding analysis skills
- You are a team player and you like challenges
- But most of all you believe in the project, you are motivated and ready to join a challenging and exciting journey
- An understanding of Data Analysis tools such as DataDog / Amplitude would be a huge plus
- You are fluent in English (our team is international)
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office twice a month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for people based in Europe (France/UK preferred)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- Health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you