What do we believe in?
At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 40+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual. We are currently hiring for the role in Europe only.
As our HR Operations Lead, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of People and Legal Counsel to develop and implement HR policies and procedures ensuring corporate compliance with applicable local employment laws, regulations, and ordinances for our various European locations.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new hires, ensuring that they are properly trained and integrated into the company culture.
- Handle off-boarding processes and follow up on identified issues.
- Implement and manage performance management programs, including performance reviews, goal-setting, and employee development plans.
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees to ensure alignment with company values and objectives.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on employee relations matters.
- Manage employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other employee perks.
- Stay up-to-date on HR best practices and industry trends, and provide recommendations to leadership on HR strategy and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate HR records and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Create and implement employee engagement initiatives to promote a positive and inclusive work environment.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in performance management, employee relations, and HR strategy, ideally within a faced paced, start up environment.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Knowledge of French and Spanish employment laws and regulations required. Knowledge of Portugal / UK labor law is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions and provide recommendations to leadership.
- Experience with HRIS systems and other HR-related software tools.
- Strong understanding of how to build strong EVP and workplace culture.
- Good understanding of payroll and tax administration for various European locations.
- Good understanding of benefits plans, selections, and administration.
- Good understanding of employee L&D.
- Previous experience managing remote teams would be beneficial.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced experience with PowerPoint and Excel or similar tools.
- French, Spanish or Portuguese language skills are an advantage.
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for a few days each month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone based in Europe.
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe)
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you