bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position
Your role in our team:
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join the bit.bio Office Operations Team. They will take the reins of a complex support role and maintain organisational order for our senior leadership team. Reporting to the Head of Office Operations, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience with supporting executives in a dynamic and fast paced environment to enable them to do the best work possible. They will act as a trusted adviser, using their outstanding organisational skills to ensure smooth operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide high-level business and administrative support to the senior leadership team
- Anticipate the needs of the stakeholders and their teams. Be their eyes and ears, enabling them to stay focussed and balance their priorities
- Coordinate complex, ever-changing diaries, ensuring all meeting logistics are taken care of, including travel bookings and itineraries
- Prepare presentation materials (Including Powerpoint, Excel, graphs, charts), statistics and letters.
- Are a passionate and people focussed Executive Assistant
- Will have extensive experience of juggling multiple and diverse responsibilities
- Can think on your feet and find solutions to problems which are not always straight forward
- Can act with total discretion and diplomacy
- Have very strong organisational skills, able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Are comfortable using your own initiative and are comfortable taking decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Have excellent communication skills; whether communicating by email, verbally or face to face you get your message across clearly, keeping people informed & engaged and can adapt your communication style to different situations and audiences
- Have an eye for detail and a proactive approach to problem solving
With essential experience in…
- As an Executive Assistant for senior leadership
- Juggling multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail
- Working within a fast paced and high growth organisation
- In managing complex diary and travel requirements for multiple personnel
- Experience in a Biotech/Pharma or similar
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice