Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Senior AFC Officer at Bitpanda, you will be supporting our AML Officer and Management in completing their everyday regulatory tasks while also working on projects that support Bitpanda’s expansion. Your main mission will be the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions circumvention and fraud.
What you’ll do
- Perform compliance tasks and create comprehensive compliance documentation (e.g. onboarding of new clients, reviewing/monitoring of existing clients, UBO reviews of business customers, PEP and sanctions checks)
- Establish and maintain written frameworks (e.g. policies, procedures) for the Anti-Financial Crime area
- Provide guidance to AFC Analysts and Junior AFC Officers
- Research and prepare risk assessments for new products and cryptocurrencies and the yearly AML Risk Assessment
- Prepare regular AFC reporting and analyses for Management and the AML Officer
- Develop and hold AFC training for all employees of the Bitpanda group
- Support the AML Officer in daily tasks and duties
- Explore the boundaries of the fintech industry from a compliance perspective and stay up to date with the latest industry trends
Who you are
- At least 6 years of experience, especially in regulated working environments, preferably in a company licensed by a Financial Market Authority
- Experienced in working with Austrian law (Fm-GWG)
- University degree in an Economic, Business, Business Law or Law field
- Able to independently complete AFC tasks and fulfill documentation requirements in a time-sensitive environment with competing priorities
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent working style, with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to understand the complexities of procedures and regulations, with an attention to detail
- Fluency in German and English is required, other languages are an asset (e.g. Spanish, Turkish, Italian)
- Excellent communication skills
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.